Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
it arrived!

neatly packed, all good, although installation guide says 'land rover 2.0 ingenium'.

had quick check under the hood. boost/fuel sensor access is...easy. engine cover off and here they are:

looks like will install it before going home tonight, so watch the space :)

Attachments

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
294 Posts
Looks like Paul should have bought a diesel, zero slow to heal cuts with this install :rolleyes:

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
644 Posts
Mines not even arrived yet but I am in a whole other country 🤣

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
I can assure you this looks absolutely nothing like the petrol engine. 😕 They put those clips where you are not meant to get a human hand! Of course you can remove other bits first, but where's the fun in that? And I had no idea what a Jubilee clip was called so I was unqualified....

Look forward to seeing results of this one later. A much quicker job, it looks like.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
All excitement gone for now, wrong harness as fuel connector is different:rolleyes:

EDIT:
This is here is irrelevant now. But will leave it, fuel sensors are always 3 pin, remember😉

Attachments

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
644 Posts
Awww no you sent a msg to TDI ?

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
Huh. They actually asked me for a cover off pic to check before shipping. Guess they missed that step for you..

·
Registered
644 Posts
Huh - they didn’t with me 😬

saying that as you are their sales rep it’d be easy to check with you !!

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
Didn't do a very good job on negotiating my commission, somehow 😕

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Strucked me when was on my way... i showed you sensor, which is not it! Fuel sensor always are 3 pin, dooooh:censored:

Found it next to boost one, hidden nicely. Photo with location amended.

And tdi just replied to my query confirming my findings, happy days. Install later on and tiny test drive:sneaky:

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
Looks like you made the exact mistake I did. I took the wrong connector off at first. Easily done.
The petrol layout is different, even from your updated pic.

Reactions: bik3rz

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sooo....all installed, 20mins total of which 15 was fafing around with harness, how to position etc.

1. Engine cover off
2. 2nd cover off
3. Unplug both sensors - i took of oil cap to have easier access to fuel sensor
4. Plug harness in as per manual (harnesses for both sensors clearly marked)
5. Fuel sensor needs to be tucked in under engine oil entry, otherwise you won't be able to put engine cover back on
6. Boost sensor then just on top of intake
7. Place box wherever suits you. I want to put it in little 'storage' under windshield on passenger side (as suggested here), but it was very tight fit and dont think you can lead harness there neatly. Didn't have much time, so for now sits in top of shock mount, zipp tied.
8. Ignition on, no error msges on dashboard, job done.

Box comes set on program 4. Initially left it at that. Quick trip around the block and... you can definitely feel the difference straight away. revs go up much easier and quicker, its just more linear to going up. Is it faster at that point? For sure, but not by much.

On way back set it up at highest program, 7. Yup, there's a bigger difference for sure. Revs go up even quicker and i can definitely say car feels quicker from the start :devilish:

First impressions? Definitely worth getting it, if not for top horses and more fun, then for nice smoother ride alone is still worth it.

Mpg? Jury is out, but lets be honest, it won't get better at highest setting;) Will test few programs for weeks worth of commute (30miles one way, town, trafic lights, a roads, dual line carriages), so will be able to say more then.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase as 238horsies are better than180(y)

Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Automotive air manifold

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive air manifold

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive fuel system

Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant

Hood Car Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive battery

Speedometer Car Trip computer Odometer Tachometer

·
Registered
240 Posts
See there is a black bar held on with 2 torx bolts unbolt that on top of the strut tower and lift a bit then you will get the plug under there and into that compartment, i can get you a pic but it wont be till later if you want

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
Splendid!! I really need to upgrade my £1 sponge mounting for my box.

How long until you whack it up to setting 7? (or is the deed already done..)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
See there is a black bar held on with 2 torx bolts unbolt that on top of the strut tower and lift a bit then you will get the plug under there and into that compartment, i can get you a pic but it wont be till later if you want
ok thanks, will have a look over the weekend, didn't have time to inspect it properly yesterday.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Splendid!! I really need to upgrade my £1 sponge mounting for my box.

How long until you whack it up to setting 7? (or is the deed already done..)
like few miles? :LOL: but just to see how car behaves.

today back to setting 4 (as it was out of the box, according to tdi tunning, best mix of performance and mpg improvement).

ride is so smooth through the rev range - i saw some improvement on mpg this morning, but need to see it few more times to actually confirm that ;)

definitely car picks up much better from lower revs - there's slight long incline on my commute, it's one of them where gear 8 is too low and 7 too high. today left it at 8 - was going nicely, better than before.

can tell you now - don't hesitate to get the box if you are on the fence. either way (power or economy) it will be an improvement(y)

Reactions: PaulTolga

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
294 Posts
Yes please, does the loom not need a grommet ?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was on the fence if to buy one or not but now convinced to have one, especially I know exactly how to do it. By the way, you need to top up with some diesel :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was on the fence if to buy one or not but now convinced to have one, especially I know exactly how to do it. By the way, you need to top up with some diesel :D
you won't be disappointed:)

yeh, done that this morning, so actually worked out perfectly to see mpg from full tank ;)

Reactions: Dragos
1 - 20 of 39 Posts