Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just somethiong to interest you all...

Yesterday I test drive a 180 diesel R-Sport. Loved it and (as I said elsewhere) I'm trading my XF for a 240 petrol version.

A strange thing happened though, on the way back to the dealers I had to stop in traffic and when the engine re-started an error appeared (in amber) saying (as I recall) ' Re select gear to continue manoeuvre'.

The sales guy in the passenger seat had never seen this before and the car wouldn't move until we selected neutral then back into drive.

Hope it's not the start of a common glich.

I've never seen mention of this on the XF forum I frequent and it's the same gearbox

Pete

·
Registered
799 Posts
How was the diesel out of interest?

That's the model I have ordered

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually for a dyed in the wool petrol head, I have to say that I quite liked it.
Pulled strongly and picked up well in the mid range. Pretty quiet too.
There was a delay between pressing the loud pedal and it taking off. However I would point out that I currently have a huge 5.0 litre XF so I'm somewhat spoilt.

I would think that the 180 would be the best diesel choice

Pete

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm a bit spoilt on the diesel front as mine negates that lag issue with some clever wizardry.

But to hear those comments given what you currently drive it can't be to bad.

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Must admit I didn't notice a lag on my test drive of a 180 R sport, but then I currently drive a Ford Kuga and the lag is very noticeable (enough to make you think twice before overtaking), although it has got better since passing the 10k miles mark.

If I didn't do the miles though I would have taken the 240 auto Petrol option.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. maybe i caught it 'on the hop' changing up when I pressed for more power. It wasnt a long long test drive

·
Registered
140 Posts
Could be, or, maybe I was just enjoying the experience too much to notice ... I was in a state of XEtasy :))

·
Registered
123 Posts
I noticed the lag, but only because my dealer put it in ECO mode to start with (180 HP). Once I drove in normal, it was only unnoticeable, let alone in Sport mode

·
Registered
202 Posts
pmchoc said:
Just somethiong to interest you all...

Yesterday I test drive a 180 diesel R-Sport. Loved it and (as I said elsewhere) I'm trading my XF for a 240 petrol version.

A strange thing happened though, on the way back to the dealers I had to stop in traffic and when the engine re-started an error appeared (in amber) saying (as I recall) ' Re select gear to continue manoeuvre'.

Pete
Just a thought, probably deserving of being shot down in flames - but, could it be that the gearbox has a 'time-out' facility if you're stationary in Drive for more than the 'permitted' time??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts