Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a phone call today to tell me that dealers wont be getting any XES demonstrators or any stock cars in its apparently to try and get the sold cars out to the customers faster hopefully delivery dates will start to come forward.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That what I think to as 3 dealers still don't have it here and my delivery date is the 3rd of July. Let's wait and see.

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just been told end of july for Peterborough Dealer

- MY XES is gonna sit in there forecourt anyway so I get it on a new plate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry lol,

Ordered Bluefire (although this did change from metallic black and Italian racing red quite a few times)
Jet / Light Oyster Leather interior
Parking Pack
Lighting Pack
Wi-Fi Hot Spot
Privacy Glass
Black Window Surround
Folding power mirrors
Mood Lighting
20" Propeller alloys (with FORCED space saver)

& All 5 smart guard packs

Due for delivery end of September - But if it comes early im going to hold it at my dealer for a 65 plate.

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey,

Well black was rejected because it didn't show any of the fine details, it just looked like 1 big black stealthy blob, red looked good but the rear lights just got absorbed into the paintwork and again it lost the fine details?so blue was the option, Black did look amazing and was only put on the list because I drove a black test car and loved it..

As for the Wi-Fi hot spot thread, I did look before I committed, i thought about it, rang o2 for a price on a 4g Wi-Fi dongle .. figured it would be helpful if i cant get a signal on my phone for any reason? keep my phone on o2 and maybe have the car on orange or anther network. there is alot of speculation on the 3g vs 4g argument, however there infotainment system does ping pack the 4g signal when connected so im guessing its a 4g system? or can be upgraded in the future with a plug and play box, Im pretty friendly with the local supply centre here as i used to have a Range Rover and they also have a Volvo (my parents car) garage under the "Marshall" group so finger crossed. - I did very nearly go with the split rear seat option but am not paying so much for a "plastic leaver" as there will be the option to buy the handle and retro fit afterwards.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Smart22186

Is it your XES?

What colour is it? What colour seats?

I'm trying to get a look at black/red seats in XES so I know whether to change my order

·
Registered
51 Posts
comet said:
Smart22186

Is it your XES?

What colour is it? What colour seats?

I'm trying to get a look at black/red seats in XES so I know whether to change my order
Na friad not, Mine is not due until September.

They do have a petrol r spot with red seats however, I shall try and get some real life images for you, I think it looked pretty smart when I sat in it.

Its an Italian Racing Red (as for seats in the XES I've not seen it up close yet)

·
Registered
19 Posts
The red and black are reversed on the S. I'll pop over and have a look if they are red. I need to see it in the flesh as I don't think photos do them justice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've seen the red / black seats and they look really good so I'm going to change my order.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Gutted that I ordered black seats with oyster stitching. Aparantely they don't do red stitching .

·
Registered
67 Posts
comet said:
I've seen the red / black seats and they look really good so I'm going to change my order.
Hi
How long has your order been and can you still change the spec before a build date has been given?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered about 3 weeks ago on the understanding that I could change the seat colour once I'd got to see them.

I wasn't happy to order based on photographs as they can seem a bit bright; they're much better when you see them for real.

Anticipated delivery is Sept but judging by the comments on this forum that most likely will change.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The problem is Jaguar is saying the black seats only comes with the Oyster colour stiches. If you look at the FType it does come with black seats and red stitches .

·
Registered
51 Posts
comet said:
Did you come to Peterborough for that? - Im test driving the XES tomorrow !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I did comr to Peterborough. You must let us all know how it drivrs. I'm hoping to get a drive soon myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Drove the XES today ..
Drives as good as you can imagine, so responsive, I thought it was quick in sport mode, switched it into sport / dynamic mode and it was even better, 1 thing i did notice was ... in the owners manual it states when in sport dynamic mode the car will not gear up and instead hold its gears until driver intervention, this can let you drive down the road at 30 mph in first gear right on the rev limiter, which is great if you love driving manuals .. however it didn't do this.. it did in fact "gear up" ??? a little disappointing but not a major problem?

The engine sound is great and it gives a little rev when you turn it on, I averaged 19mpg on my little 30 min drive, not very eco friendly but that was never the plan when getting an "S"

Everything was just as fun and good as expected... - One thing I did feel was that is was going so much quicker than it actually was, I do drive a little on the "stupid" side and probably do reach 3 digit numbers on my trip to my local shop & spend most of my time going sideways, however the "S" made you feel you were doing 110 when I was only doing around 90ish .. not sure if thats a good or bad thing? I currently drive a 3 series E90 and feel at "faster speeds" its a lot more "composed" where as the "S" is a bit frisky ??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts