Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after an 8 month wait the day has finally arrived to collect my new XE, a 240 bhp R-Sport in Bluefire with black matrix alloys, privacy glass, Meridian Audio, parking pack, heated screen, folding seats and mirrors - can't wait. This week's Autocar confirms the XE is at least as good overall as any other car in its class, so the omens are good and well done Jaguar. I'll find out for real tomorrow - watch this space!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congrats, I think your the only other 240 owner so far. Let me know how you find it over the next week or so. I've found it to be very smooth when driving normally but a few dead spots in the power curve when using more of the engine power. It just hasn't felt as smooth as I'd hoped.

·
Registered
202 Posts
BAIKAR said:
I've found it to be very smooth when driving normally but a few dead spots in the power curve when using more of the engine power. It just hasn't felt as smooth as I'd hoped.
That's a pity Baikar, but hopefully that might improve with a few more miles on the engine??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well guys the good news is that the XE was well worth the 8 month wait, so those of you still waiting hang in there. After just 45 miles, in my R-Sport 240bhp spec the inherent quality is evident. Meaty oily smooth steering, flat handling, firm but absorbent suspension, and a very fine interior are the initial high points. Too early to say on the engine, it's certainly gruffer that an XF 3.0 V6, (that's not a surprise) but it's a pleasure to get back in a petrol engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Looks awesome. Congratulations :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Colour looks amazing.

Grufer than a diesel?

4cyl after a v6 will be noticeable I'm guessing it will seem very different to my straight 6.

BAIKAR sorry to hear about the flat spots. If it doesn't improve it might need a remap. I thought the borrowed ST engine was supposed to be good. JLR may well have twin turbo units planned for their future engines to minimise flat spots and lag. I haven't experienced any in my twin turbo.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats Richard, looks like a beast!! I'm wondering if I should change the colour on my order now...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks absolutely gorgeous! I think it maybe too late for me to change my order now without incurring extra charges :-(. Looks like I'm the only one who's ordered the solid ebony

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jhangz said:
Looks absolutely gorgeous! I think it maybe too late for me to change my order now without incurring extra charges :-(. Looks like I'm the only one who's ordered the solid ebony
You're not the only one! I really wanted mine in Bluefire but was coming in slightly too expensive.

Having said that I reckon it will look good in Ebony...will just need cleaning every week!

I can't find any 'real world' photos of it in ebony...so looking forward to the first pics on here...preferably in R-Sport trim :-bd

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jhangz said:
I've gone for a 200 rsport in ebony, so not the only one :) The colour is something only others see, so as long as its one you are happy with it, it doesn't need the extra "wow" factor of metallic imo. I spent that £500 on meridian instead, and I don't think i'll regret it.

my last two 1series have been first in solid black, and the second in metallic. It does look better in metallic, but not £500 better..and when polished up, the difference is even smaller :) Only got it last time as it was standard on the m135 spec.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wanted the portfolio spec so had to sacrifice the metallic paint to fit in my budget. thanks for the feedback Spud211 I did read up on reviews about solid v metallic paint and most people said there was a difference but not that much. When are you guys expecting your cars?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.