Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jump to june 2016.
what would you guess would be price on the forecourt of one year old xe say auto with prestige trim and 180ps engine.
I will start tthe guessing.
£ 29.995.00

·
Registered
202 Posts
Lord knows, but I suspect that demand, and therefore values, will still be very high.
Personally, I'm more interested in what an XES will cost in 2017, as I'd like to get a late 15 car then. But I suspect that a lot of people will want to do the same, and prices will be silly :( .

·
Registered
140 Posts
It could also depend on how many XE S are sold now. My dealer commented that of the 120 or so orders to customers to date they've received none are for XE S. Early days though! Prestige and r sport are very popular apparently but hard to predict the depreciation rate yet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think the in 2017 XES will be around the 30-35K depending on how its kitted. The model I chose is just under 50K and I am expecting at least a 15K drop in 18 months but I cannot see it dropping any more.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Perhaps we'll be able to do a deal in '17 Njco!
It's all a guessing game really, the only constant being that whatever car I have to sell has lost hugely, and the one I want to buy is 'selling like hot cakes' - well, that's what the salesmen always tell me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just as an aside, I said to my retailer, "when I collect my car if I hand you back my key and say how much will you give me for it"? He quoted a figure between £12k and £15k less than it is costing me. So I would lose that much in 20 seconds, never mind 12 months !

Mind you I do have a lot of extras, and when you are selling a car, generally extras don't add up to much in the equation.

Still I expect to hang on to it for several years so I needn't worry yet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pickle you are definitely right at what you say. Personally I would never give my car back to a dealer but XE owner I can see where you are coming from and best to not ask that question at collection

1 - 7 of 7 Posts