Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to order their XE with 19" Venom alloys?? I have a 240bhp R-Sport in Bluefire on order with these wheels in black, but had change the order due to an 'incompatibility'!! I have now settled for the standard 18"Matrix wheels so as not to delay delivery scheduled for w/c 22 June.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car was the only one ordered with Venoms by my Dealer, so they checked with another and got the same answer - not orderable! Our suspicion is that although they are in the brochure, they may just not be available. Though I believe they are available on the XF and certain Land Rover models.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Did you check if you could order any other 19" option? Others on this forum have included 19" with their orders.

However, as you've discovered changing your order will put back the delivery date.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually no, as I'd had my deposit down since October 2014 and didn't want to fall foul of some computerised ordering system that bumped me back down the list. I've already ordered the Bluefire paint finish without seeing it 'in the metal'!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It also looks good on the various XE promotional videos and my Dealer said it looked even better when they had their familiarisation drives. It would have been nice to see one, or at least a decent colour sample in the showroom. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, new to the forum. Was interested (concerned) to see this thread re. venom's being unavailable - I ordered my XE (2.0 pretol 200PS R-Sport) a couple of weeks ago with black 19" Venom's. Order form says planned build date of mid July with delivery late August (if I believe it). Hoping I don't get any communication in the near future saying those alloys aren't actually available. Maybe this is clutching at straws but I'm hoping the reason you couldn't order the Veomn's was that they aren't available for June/July deliveries but will be by August!

·
Registered
68 Posts
RichardS said:
It also looks good on the various XE promotional videos and my Dealer said it looked even better when they had their familiarisation drives. It would have been nice to see one, or at least a decent colour sample in the showroom. Fingers crossed.
I also ordered the Bluefire without seeing it, but this photo always calms my nerves a bit! Is it too much to have it as my laptop wallpaper?!?!

That actually has the wheels I ordered too, which is handy...

If you look at the source photo at http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/Jaguar_Land_Rover_press_conference%2C_2014_Paris_Motor_Show_52.jpg it is high resolution so you can get quite close in to the paintwork.

In terms of adding venoms, I have just come back from the local dealer and they have an R-Sport XE in white with red interior and that has black venoms on it, so you must be able to get them?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The only thing that it could have been is a malfunction with the configurator the only model that cannot have the 19" venoms when configurating is the XE SE... unless the dealer themselves forgot to add it to the order and have told you a lie to cover their own backs.
I agree with XESowner definitely challenge your dealer even give another dealer a call to ask if they have had any problems with them wheels.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dale, maybe the configurator is malfunctioning (I've had the same problem - it let me select 4 folding mirrors!), but RichardS has been told by his dealer (retailer) that he can't have the Venom wheels on a 240bhp R-Sport, whereas others on this forum have had no problem ordering them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.