Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday I tanked my 300 sport to full and it was the first time that I actually checked...and LOL. 399 km range.
So these few days I had more outside journeys than usual. So I checked the jaguar remote. I did approximately 125 km according to the app. Now I Have 299 km range and 95% full tank...LOL again :unsure:

·
Registered
351 Posts
The Jaguar range figures can be strange. They don’t increase like other cars if you are driving economically but use previous journeys to work out the range. I left to drive to Scotland a few weeks ago and the initial range was 350 miles. After covering 450 Miles I still had a range of 65 miles. when I filled up the new range was 420 miles. The highest I have seen after a number of long journeys was 450 miles yet on those journeys the true range was just short of 500 miles.

Reactions: sahara

·
Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
1,513 Posts
I filled up a week back and it showed 624 to empty. I have now done 223 miles and still have 353 to go. This is a calculation the car makes when doing long and short journeys. On Thursday I am doing the EVO triangle so I expect that because of that total journey home to home it won't alter much, so we will see. I find it amusing that it is usually 450 miles and then after a long run of sasy 150-200 it still has 390 to empty. (the figures quoted are not actual but very close from memory)

·
Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
1,513 Posts
Due to sudden illness of my wife the Evo triangle journey was cancelled. Since then the mileage has dropped in amount left, by the journeys I have done. All of which were short. If I were to go out and do a 100 mile trip now I would expect only 30 or so miles less will record, because of getting more mpg on the journey. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
226 Posts
How did we ever manage when all there was, was a fuel gauge. Actually, my friend's 1954 MG TF (bought in the 60s for his everyday car), had no fuel gauge, just a reserve tap. He kept a sawn-off broom handle in the car to dip the tank !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts