Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been knocked back from late July to late August I was a bit suprised to get an e mail from Jaguar regarding the remote app which showed my reg number, fuel level and a mileage of 26 which equates to the distance from factory to dealer, I was going to hang on for the new plate in September so e mailed the dealer who rang straight back to say she had no previous warning but my car was there right now !
I will hopefully be picking it up Friday. Nice start to the week ! !

180 Auto Prestige, Polaris white, Latte with jet stitching, split seats, parking pack, service pack, revolving wheels, transparent glass, big smiles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had my finance agreement sent today with reg number on but dealer says he doesn't really know when it's being delivered to him? Supposed to be this Friday but I was surprised that reg number was done from factory?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I spoke to dealer last week and he said car may be here this week but i have a new personalised plate which i am awaiting the V750 from DVLA for. Dealer said should be able to assign this on first reg if V750 arrives in next few days.
Not telling the wife it might come this week because if it doesn't she will just have a rant, so told her it was likely to be sooner than expected which is why i am sorting out plates now.
Have to say DVLA online services are pretty good. Plate off XF on Friday and reassignd original plate (which instill had). Bought new plate on Thursday and just waiting for V750. Hopefully this will arrive before car does (or before PID complete).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just been told my car won't arrive at dealer tomorrow due to the summer shutdown. I knew of that from the forum here weeks ago and told the dealer but now they are using it as another excuse. Ordered 4th March had dates to dealer of 5 July , 13 july , 31 July and now unknown. I wonder where the fault really lies? Wouldn't mind so much but why should I get a car that was registered weeks and weeks ago and will soon be 6 months older in the eyes of a future purchaser!

·
Registered
104 Posts
T REX said:
Just been told my car won't arrive at dealer tomorrow due to the summer shutdown. I knew of that from the forum here weeks ago and told the dealer but now they are using it as another excuse. Ordered 4th March had dates to dealer of 5 July , 13 july , 31 July and now unknown. I wonder where the fault really lies? Wouldn't mind so much but why should I get a car that was registered weeks and weeks ago and will soon be 6 months older in the eyes of a future purchaser!
Spoke to my dealer today and mine's delayed from tomorrow until the beginning of next week, so it doesn't seem to be impossible for them to get cars that have already been built to you, despite the shutdown. Of course, I may not see it next week, but will have to wait and see.

Seems odd that yours is already registered - I was told it couldn't be registered until it arrived at the dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been told today that I won't see car for at least 2 weeks due to the shutdown. In truth I don't think anyone knows what is going on and the dealer can't get an answer. It's been made 5 weeks now and 5 months since order. Frustration turning to annoyance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts