Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I ordered a 163 R-sport manual in black with the Taurus red leather interior and parking pack manual mid May, it's a company car through our fleet management company.

I was told by the dealer I may be looking at a late September early October delivery but after reading some of the posts on this forum I'm thinking that is a bit of a long wait time.
I've read some posts saying they have ordered theirs in June and they expect delivery in August so my wait time seems a little on the long side, does anyone have any idea how long I should be waiting and is the delivery estimate about right or should I question it.

I look forward to hearing your views.

Pat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Pat and welcome to the forum.
I ordered my 180 R-sport through my employers fleet management company so similar to you.
The order was placed right at the end of April with the in-stock date originally quoted as 1st October. Thats since been brought forward to the end of July and reconfirmed as that date for the last 4 weeks. Delivery is estimated 1-2 weeks after its in stock, so looks like around 3 and a half months after it was ordered.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Really hard to say what is to be expected on this. And even when people have been given dates, they usually move in one direction or other. I don't know what the issues are but it's not overly impressive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your thoughts, I will be trying to chase up the management company this week it seems that they have given me a long lead time, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the new registrations as I would have expected it in August.

The fleet company's portal tells me it is on order but there are no dates for delivery on there so I need to chase them up on this.
The local dealer told me I was looking at around 8-10 weeks back in May but the fleet company's dealer told me to expect it late September early October which I think is a bit long, as soon as I find out I will let you all know.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Last couple of cars I had via leasing company I had to allow a couple of weeks on top of what the dealer was saying for them to prep the vehicle get it all registered and arrange delivery. With multiple companies involved it wasn't as swift as I'd hope for :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was also wondering has anybody driven the 163 and the 180? Is there much of a difference?

I went on a jaguar experience day in Cheshire a couple of weeks ago and drove the 180 diesel and the xe-s, I was very impressed with both, the diesel was much quicker than I thought it would be obviously the xe-s was much quicker, but around the bends on B roads I found it quite difficult to separate the two cars.

The 180 and the xe-s were both superb in the handling department, I can only say after looking at all the video reviews and the written reviews they are all spot on, they both drive brilliantly, I am just hoping the 163 version has the same feel as I am sure it will.
God I can't wait to get mine :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks topcat

I chased them up today and was told October which did not please me too much, but hopefully this will change and they will bring forward as well, not long for yours mate I just hope they stick to the date they have given you. B-)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Similar story here. I ordered via our companies fleet management provider. I opted out of our company car scheme and took my car allowance, so that I could select the XE via the companies fleet provider on a different lease scheme. I delayed ordering as was hoping to get a test drive, in the end I gave up, as speaking to the dealer the build slots and waiting lists were growing. So placed my order in early May, hoping for a September delivery. The original build slot being advised as September with delivery in October. That has since been pushed back to early November

·
Registered
185 Posts
I visited Stratstone today to be told my delivery date has been pushed back from 26th June to 3rd July. They have got several cars on the forecourt and in PDI but not mine. I did test drive a prestige 180 manual (my previous test had been an auto). I found the gear change easy enough and like all manual diesels I have had in the past you do need around 1500revs to feel it respond. Still happy with my choice but all I can do is wait!. Ammonite 163 manual with chrome grill and power fold mirrors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts