Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi jim i have seen and sat in an Xes at the castle brom event there was also a base se model at the event, at my dealer event there was an rsport which is now the car available to test drive they are all very nice looking the only thing is on the se the cloth interior is a bit bland it doesnt feel cheap it just doesnt look like it should be in a jag. According to my dealer the XES will be available to test within the next few weeks which im sure everyone is waiting for :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah it's strange. The video is of a 2.0t but the badge says 25t. Could it be only on the 240ps models to separate them from the 200's as this has the twin tail pipes in the video?

·
Registered
256 Posts
My guess..

• 163ps Diesel : no exhaust, E-performance badge (cannot be removed at spec)
  • 180ps Diesel : double exhaust on the left, 20d badge
  • 200ps Petrol: no exhaust, 20t badge
  • 240ps Petrol: exhaust left and right, 25t badge
  • 340ps Petrol: exhaust left and right, S badge

·
Registered
56 Posts
Test drove an R-Sport 180ps for half an hour yesterday. Always a bit awkward with the dealer in the car with you. It had 19" wheels (I've ordered 18's) which I thought may provide a hard ride in conjunction with the harder suspension, but it was surprisingly smooth and seemed glide comfortably over all the bumps I took in a similar way to my 4 x 4. Very impressed with the ride. It seemed to corner like it was on rails - but I am used to my car rolling around them! The roadsign recognition system worked well, although it did pick up a no overtaking sign from somewhere at one point, which I'm sure wasn't actually there. It had 500 miles on the clock and had averaged 46mpg, but I suspect those driving it before me had probably put the pedal down to see how much poke it had.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just took it for a test drive had similar mileage as yours Snapper5. The guy who was with me on the test drive said it was the 180 but think it was the 163 as didnt feel very pokey at all. That said loved the drive and so glad I chose the car. Bring on 31st July.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Marc said:
My guess..

• 163ps Diesel : no exhaust, E-performance badge (cannot be removed at spec)
  • 180ps Diesel : double exhaust on the left, 20d badge
  • 200ps Petrol: no exhaust, 20t badge
  • 240ps Petrol: exhaust left and right, 25t badge
  • 340ps Petrol: exhaust left and right, S badge
My 240 has a 25t badge - and I haven't found any meaning for the badge other than possibly 't' for turbo.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I test drove a 180 R-Sport with raft loads of extras. I've also got a demo for 3 days booked for 3rd week in August, which I am hoping is a 163 Portfolio, it could possibly be a manual because when originally requested that is what I was considering ordering, but not entirely sure.....in my experience these demos organised through my leasing company have been a bit pot luck with regard to what trim the car is, depends on what the dealers have available when approached

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.