Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I am a bit puzzled about which engine will power my steed (when it arrives, that is).

I have been under the impression that will be one of Jaguar's own, made in Wolverhampton. What little I've seen so far suggests that the engine will be, in essence, a lightened version of the new diesel, taking account of the lower compression ratio, etc.

However, in the Forum I have seen several comments that suggest the the engine will be some Ford adaptation, and that the Jaguar version will come along in due course.

I'd be grateful for any light that can be cast on this issue. I guess that in the final analysis it doesn't really matter as it's damn near impossible to see the engine in most modern vehicles !

Ian

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello Ian,

I stand to be corrected by the more knowledgeable but diesel are all the new Jaguar developed Ingenium engines built at Wolves and petrol are Spanish sourced Ford engines until some time next year when the Ingenium petrol will be available.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The engine is from Ford Valencia tuned to a Jaguar specification. It is used in a number of Fords including the Focus ST.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both. I've just taken a peek at the Jaguar website and it doesn't make it all clear - I guess the writer must have worked for an estate agent.

Course, if the engines come from Spain, the hold-ups at Calais will be another excuse - sorry, reason - for delivery delays.

And, I could have bought a Focus Titanium X with all the extras for about nine grand less. Just as well I have a sense of humour.

Ah well, such is life....

Ian

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello Ian,
Yes, I'm afraid Bluefire65 is correct. That the engines come from a Ford factory in Spain MAY be the reason that they are apparently in very short supply and holding up delivery of early-dated orders. Reputedly Jaguar were surprised at the level of demand for the petrol variants. Jaguar have made no official announcement on the subject, possibly because they realise that they had many months between the placing of the orders and the start of production to ensure that they had all the parts necessary to build the pre-ordered cars, and in this they have failed and are continuing to fail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts