Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I know the F-Type is a different animal but as the XE`s shares some similarity just wondering if this is even possible . The only time I get a little pop from mine is in parking mode when I accelerate .

If there is a way of doing this how is this done?

·
Registered
597 Posts
When mine arrives I would like that too, I did ask the salesman and he seemed to think that the reason it didn't do it on the XE-S was that it had been programmed differently as in to close/open the 'flaps'.
I will be trying to find out if the programming can be changed :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a video on youtube of an S popping on the overrun but it is hammering round a track the pop is only for a split second nothing like the f type i dont think you would even hear it in the cabin, jag took this feature out on the XES but the popping noise on the ftype is just a computer programme telling the engine to run a certain way to make that noise so im guessing that its only a matter of time before someone does a rolling road remap and figures out how to get it back, the noise will be slightly different as the exhaust is slightly different but should t be far off

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya I might pop into Jaguar today and see if there is a way of making it pop by reprogramming if.

Didn't like the quick silver pipes

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The 240 pops sometimes - It must be thinking is an F1, silly young thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts