Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i have herd a little rumour that the delivery dates have been pushed back to june/july.
This was dropped out by a jaguar dealer earlier this week but i thought he may have been getting confused with anyone who orders one now will get theirs in june/july as i was one of the first to place a deposit i was told april/may for my delivery and i havnt been officially told about it being pushed back but i was just wondering if anyone has herd anything thank you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok yes i put my holding deposit down as soon as my local dealer was accepting i think it was around august but i couldnt do the spec until october it seems they dont really know when the first deliveries are hmm ive messaged jaguar directly on facebook and emailed them but no response as of yet. It is a bit bad on jaguar that were spending 30k plus and being left in the dark :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
I quite agree. They're very coy about giving any detail out.
I'm ready to change my XF now, but it looks as though I'll have to wait (and be trading in a 3.5 year old car rather than a 3 year old car with the resultant drop in value). I'm not entirely happy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To put it into perspective landrovers new discovery sport was announced roughly 2-3 months after the xe and i went with my dad to test drive one last weekend and i could have had a mid range model then and there and it was only a 2 month wait for the top spec hse so far all ive been able to do is sit in an xe with some jaguar representative telling you its a preproduction....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Having paid an initial deposit last year, attended an XE roadshow at Haynes Sparkford in November (when delivery was expected to be May), then received a brochure from Jaguar HO in December (when they expected, in a covering letter signed by the MD, to be able to offer a test drive "soon"), attended an XE presentation at my local dealer at the beginning of March and placed a order and paid a further deposit at that presentation, I telephoned the dealer a couple of weeks later to enquire progress. They had no further information so I wrote to the MD and have just received a reply (of course not from the MD himself) the salient points of which are:
"our Jaguar Retailer network will start to receive the new vehicles [to test drive] from mid-May of this year"
"orders that have been placed are likely to be delivered from August 2015 however, your local Retailer will have more information on your specific order". Update 17 April: Oh no they don't! More than six weeks after order placed, still no news on production or delivery. Very poor!
What was missing was any hint of an explanation or apology.
Needless to say, I am not happy and am now regretting having ordered an XE to replace my 11-year-old X-type, which will now have to undergo another MOT and be relicensed for a further period. Sad to say, after this experience, if/when I buy another car it certainly won't be a Jaguar.

·
Registered
26 Posts
another reason why i cancelled my jaguar xe ,after i paid my deposit ..apart from my dissapointment when i viewed the xe , i was expecting so much more after all the hype , was no one could actually say when the delivery date would be , so my xf would have been depreciating rapidly . quite happy with my new 430 d bmw now .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi i have read posts on other forums similar to this info so i rang my dealer earlier today and as far as im aware my order is still expected April/May with test drives at the end of of april and a bit later for the diesels around may/june it wouldnt bother me not test driving one if i got it in may but if it is august it will be nearly a year since i placed my deposit. Not good jaguar not good.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dale740 said:
Hi i have read posts on other forums similar to this info so i rang my dealer earlier today and as far as im aware my order is still expected April/May with test drives at the end of of april and a bit later for the diesels around may/june it wouldnt bother me not test driving one if i got it in may but if it is august it will be nearly a year since i placed my deposit. Not good jaguar not good.
Production started today. As you can see below there are Diesels on the production line (only the 180ps diesel has two exhausts on the left.)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TBH jag hasnt been the most forthcoming about anything to do with this car. but this shows thyre in producton so why august for deliveries it should be end of this month if they're making them now and the 200bhp petrol has two exhaust on the left also only on the SE though

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dale740 said:
,,, the 200bhp petrol has two exhaust on the left also only on the SE though
The recent Dutch brochures mentions that the 200ps petrol and 163pd diesles hve no exhausts visible...only the 180 has two on the left, while the 240ps & XE-S have exhausts on the left and right...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I placed a holding deposit back in October and put down a main deposit in February, firming up my spec before an apparent cut off date (for first orders) of early March. This was according to my dealer, Grange Jaguar of Barnet. Initially they were saying May/June, but this is now looking like June or early July, but the sales person says he is confident it is going to be June. (I was that branch's first order, apparently). He called me yesterday to say that all of their demonstrator vehicles now have delivery dates, so he is anticipating getting a date for my build (2.0L 200 PS Petrol, Prestige) either later this week or early next week.

I agree that information has been very sparse to the point where I've ordered a car that they cannot even show me a proper colour swatch for! (Bluefire)

Oh, and if anyone wants to see the Virtual Showroom that Jaguar are using before the demonstrator vehicles are available I made a short video that I filmed in February:
. Enjoy!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you.ordered mine 27th March. I'm also getting the Prestige 2litre petrol. Been told by dealer that tomorrow (15th April) is the cut-off date for any changes to the spec and that delivery date in July will be confirmed in the next week.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was originally told that by two members of the dealership, both of whom have now left. The sales manager actually said that they were wrong to quote May, and that he was being quoted June/July-time. This was back in February, but when he called me Monday he sounded more positive about June. I'd be very surprised if I see mine in May, but we can live in hope. I'll post here as soon as I hear.

G

·
Ordered mine March 13. Dealer called yesterday, build date third week of June with delivery expected early July. Very excited!

·
Registered
76 Posts
E-mailed my dealer today re delivery estimate. He told me that demand for the petrol version was "massive" and they can't even order them at the moment.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.