Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am new to this forum.
I am from Australia and have just ordered my first ever Jaguar, an XE 180 Prestige auto in Italian racing red, highway pack, luxury pack, heated and cooled seats, 14x14 electric seats, parking pack and more. I haven't even seen an XE yet. First one due in dealers 1st August and expect delivey of mine on October 23. Can hardly wait.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Congratulations - and red always looks great. I haven't noticed anyone with cooled seats before - guess they are essential in Australia. What region are you?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congratulations on the car - sounds like it will be a beauty! I haven't ordered mine yet, but I probably will this weekend. Interestingly I was going to order cooled seats, even though I am in not-so-hot England ... I was surprised to see how few people order it here as I find that on a 'warm' day (i.e. it doesn't need to be boiling) the leather seats in my current car still leave me feeling pretty sweaty, no matter what temp you have the aircon set at. I do generally drive pretty long (multiple hour) journeys, maybe this makes the difference? Or perhaps I am just a sweaty git .. lol.

Anyway, congrats on the car, look forward to the pics! :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am from 'sunny South Australia' where we can have weeks of 35+degrees Celsius in the summer and many days over 40. So cooled seats will be a God send.
I must tell you that I first became a fan of Jaguar when I was 16. Next week I will be 69 and in three months or so I finally get my first Jaguar. Unbelievable!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the cooled seats - first time experienced them.

Odd sensation at first - but they are great. Never going back.

I can actually imagine in the colder months have the heating on full but the seats on cool might be quite a nice contrast....

·
Registered
664 Posts
I gather on the merc you can stick the ventilation on independent of the temp setting so in cold and wet weather it's a very quick way to warm up and dry out. Do the jag ones work the same way?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The XE was officially released on 1st September here in Oz, and on the 2nd I presented for a test drive. Unbelievable! Beautiful 20D auto Prestige in Bluefire. The dealer allowed a 45 minute drive, so the missus and I took it for a drive without the salesman. Put the cat through its paces, and we both came back with huge smiles on our faces. Now for the even harder wait to mid November when hopefully my own XE comes in. :D :) :D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Truly a worldwide contribution on XE purchase and ownership, which is great. Don't blame you getting the cooled seats. I would have included them in the UK if they had not been combined with heated rear seats which will be a waste of time for me. Can't understand why JLR didn't include a front seat only option. :?: good luck on your first Jag I'm sure you will be delighted.

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,433 Posts
Welcome!
It will be interesting to see how the Aussie XE's are specced out of the box.
What you get as standard and vice versa.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The entry level in Australia is the Prestige which comes standard with auto, front and rear park sensors with reverse camera, park assist, satnav, meridian sound, powerfold mirrors (with puddle lights), bixenon headlights, 14x14 electric seats with memory, 18" wheels and splitfold rear seats and spare wheel. I think that is an excellent spec. :eek: :D :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
It is an excellent spec - I've had to pay extra for most of these, but then I guess you'd have to compare the relative costs. The base-model Oz spec may cost more than the UK base-model.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The base model Prestige in Oz is 60800 Australian dollars + on road cost bringing it to about 68000.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Taking a simplistic exchange rate of £1=$2 that actually works out about right. With all the options I've specified, the cost of my car is about £35k.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The time has come! :eek: Tomorrow I pick up my XE :D :D :D

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,433 Posts
chazmatt said:
The time has come! :eek: Tomorrow I pick up my XE :D :D :D
Congratulations!!!
All we need now is for the Aussies to beat NZ in the Rugby World cup to end a perfect week!
C'mon Aussie!!!!!!!
:D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hope it is everything you hope for! Don't forget to post the obligatory pics!

·
Registered
314 Posts
chazmatt said:
I am from 'sunny South Australia' where we can have weeks of 35+degrees Celsius in the summer and many days over 40. So cooled seats will be a God send.
I must tell you that I first became a fan of Jaguar when I was 16. Next week I will be 69 and in three months or so I finally get my first Jaguar. Unbelievable!
I can top that ....(not the weather) a fan of jags since '58 (XK120 etc) I'm now 75 and also got my first one two weeks ago,... You will be seriously impressed I promise you, (Diesel/Petrol?) Don't worry about the extra cash you had to pay, it's only money....It's the same here in Ireland to get a "standard" Prestige trim... but it really was worth it.!
Despite your win against Wales.... I will be hoping for an Oz win on Saturday I expect most of the Antipodes will be up early to watch it..? At least the next world cup in Japan will be better for you guys ....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts