Jaguar XE Forum banner

XE Petrol Engine

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  webbswonderful 
tallrick said:
I debated this for a while as the MPG quoted isn't great for the petrol and that's under test conditions. The emissions are not too good either of course. In the end I decided that doing 10k miles per year with the extra costs that come with a diesel meant the petrol was the best bet for me. A compromise but the XE surpasses anything else I've seen so well worth it.

I test drove the 240 yesterday and it was immense. Have ordered the 200 (didn't have one to test) so I'm hoping it's still going to put a smile on my face. The demonstrator blew my old 320i coupe out of the water.
Same here. 240 seemed too much extra and I'm guessing it is just a remap enginewise so probably available as an after fit if I am that desperate for extra performance (unlikely). Getting mine within the month so I'm promised. Bought via local contract hire company on a PCP . Deposit, three years payments and then buying price at the end = list price quoted by Coventry dealer. I see elsewhere people are saying they got a 5% discount so I guess I have missed out on that but happy to keep some cash in the bank for a few years!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.