Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's finally arrived and I'm delighted with it. Convinced I made the right call on the interior and exterior colour as I wanted a classy cat. The wheels also look bigger than I expected.

Took it out for a 250 mile round trip today, and while driving around the outskirts of Coventry followed a new-shape XF-S for a bit in the same colour which looked fantastic. Final score on the doors was an average of about 58 mpg, mostly motorway miles.

In terms of first impressions, the interior quality is considerably better than the pre-production car I sat in last November, it's smooth and powerful, and I'm glad I specified the reversing camera. Meridian sounds great. Big difference between the 3 driving modes - left it in Normal most of the way.

All the options I chose were present and correct. Like others, I was upgraded to fully electric seats. My mirrors were set to fold on locking.

It's now resting safely in my underground lair. Suddenly feeling very grown up!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle

Car Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Trip computer

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Very nice pictures! The cream interior is beautiful :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looks great. Colour is superb which just happens to be my colour too ammonite ☺

Lair looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks really smart, and your photos are great and really show your car off well.

Now that's a proper man cave!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Very nice. Like the blue interior led...shame they are not in the foot wells too....
Did you get the car from Lancaster Jaguar by any chance?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Footwell ones go off I think when doors closed but the blue in doors stay on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, that looks great. I've got mine Jag ordered in the same color and interior so it's fantastic to see how 'my' car is gonna look like!
Can't wait till it will be delivered (mid November).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ianbruce said:
Andy,
One small niggle - they might have laid the number plates out a bit more centrally. It makes the car look lopsided to my eyes. I'd have to have them changed.
Ian
If only that was my real plate! Quite like the fact I was allocated 'XRR' - slightly ironic on the E-Performance - maybe the XE-R-R will be out by the time my lease expires and I can transfer it over :D

SiblingChris - no, it was supplied by H.A. Fox, which isn't my closest dealer but they delivered it to my house so can't complain.

We live in a development with a factory conversion, so my parking space is rather atmospheric. Some interesting old cars under the tarps down there. Quite pleased with the standard fit ambient lighting.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think leasedrive change their preferred dealer every 5 mins tbh!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very nice indeed. Similar combo on order for me, but with Light Oyster - less than 6 weeks to wait now!!!

Ordered the folding mirrors, but didn't know they folded automatically on locking... I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PocketRocket1 said:
Very nice indeed. Similar combo on order for me, but with Light Oyster - less than 6 weeks to wait now!!!

Ordered the folding mirrors, but didn't know they folded automatically on locking... I can't wait!!!
Congratulations. Bit of a wait, but you'll have a nice '65' plate as reward for your patience if you're in the UK. I couldn't decide between Latte and Oyster - was my wife's decision in the end.

The auto-folding of the mirrors is something that's configured by the dealer when they first set up the car - some will tick the option, some won't. I don't think you can change it in the vehicle settings yourself. Good idea to ask your dealer to do this before you pick it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts