Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Back in November I pre- ordered the XE S model and was just wondering if anyone has also ordered one. I know that alot of people will be going for the Diesel versions but just wanted to get your thoughts on this specific model.

Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob I think all the XE range look fantastic I just wanted to go the extra bit for the S model. I am just a bit wary that the mpg will probably not do to well.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Njco74 - I was impressed with the car, so I've also ordered one.
I guess you've seen Jaguar's figures for their reported mpg? Well I reckon you can take off at least 5mpg from their figures to reflect what you will actually return when you drive your new car. I'm looking forward to taking delivery in June, so maybe we can compare figures later in the year?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely would be great to see what we get on the MPG side of things. I must admit I loved the S model from day one and it did take some time to convince myself in the end to for that particular model. Do you have test drive booked yet? my dealer mention mid May.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes, I also fell in love with the XE S and convinced myself (very easily) that I wanted one.
No, I haven't booked a test drive yet, but my dealer has promised to contact me as soon a one arrives in his showroom; expected in May.
Just a bit of useless information for you - the XE S doesn't come with an engine oil dipstick ! You can check the oil level from the comfort of the driving seat. Wow, how about that as a selling point ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
jonjar, You're right of course several cars now come with an electronic dipstick as standard.
About time really as they were first developed back in the nineteen sixties and 3M produced a commercial version in the early eighties and of course have improved in design and reliability since.
However, I was impressed as this will be my first car with said device, hence my exclamation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.