Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today was my handover day and I have got to say, the car is superb.

There was a tiny scratch on the bumper (which has gone through to the plastic), so the dealer will fix that on Monday and to compensate, they are lending me an F-Type R, 5.0 V8 as a "courtesy car"... which I think more than makes up for a small scratch! :)

Other than that, I couldn't find any other faults. It's beautiful to drive and the exhaust note is sublime. My previous car was a 2.2D XF Sport, so the move from a 4-cylinder diesel to a 6-cylinder petrol is quite something. I need to keep an eye on my right foot... B-)

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
That looks amazing, I am very jealous!
Pleased to hear the scratch hasn't ruined your day, enjoy the F-Type :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Accidents happen and it's clearly not intentional. They told me about it before I saw the car and were very apologetic.

A couple of hours in an F-Type will be a lot of fun. I just hope it doesn't rain...

·
Registered
185 Posts
What a fabulous car, you are so lucky to have received yours. I am still in a state of heightened anticipation for mine, though no sign of a date which is frustrating, as I have been waiting since October last year. Good to see they are coming through though, enjoy every mile and keep posting your experiences.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Looks fantastic!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Beautiful! What a cracking looking car! :-bd

I am jealous.

And sorry to hear about the scratch, having to take a V8 F Type will be a real chore :))

Seems the dealer is being very reasonable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've yet to drive it on a motorway, but when I do I'll let you know :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Soooo.... my car went in to have the scratch on the rear bumper repaired today and my local dealership put me in an F-Type R AWD for the morning.

That thing makes my XE-S feel very sedate by comparison. I had cause to put my foot down and... well, I was speechless. It is the most amazing car I have ever, ever driven.

As for the scratch, the repair wasn't quite as good as it should have been (specks of dust in the lacquer, some over-spray), so they're taking it back in but for longer to sort it out next week. In fairness to my local dealership, they have been great to me. I know mistakes happen, but what matters is doing the right thing to fix the problem.

With any luck, I'll have the F-Type back for a day or two :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
Jealous? - nah!

...well maybe a little bit then :)

Enjoy! - I'm sure you will.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had the car detailed by Auto Wax Works in Bicester. They used a ceramic sealant and it looks just superb! I have been using Auto Wax Works for a while to look after mine and my wife's cars and I can highly recommend them.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
The car looks stunning and can see you had a blast in the F type. The detail work intrests me as I have never heard of it. Checking the web out now. Enjoy your car :-bd :-bd

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.