Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a phone call from my local dealer today telling me ALL XE-S' have been put back postponed till January 2016 !

This is a complete JOKE on Jaguars part. X(

Has anyone else heard this information?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Haven't heard that yet myself. When I was collecting my car yesterday the dealer had just received their XES demo. What reason did they give you?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reason is just "production issues"

I'm checking it out with JLR, via Facebook

·
Registered
359 Posts
That's quite a broad reason. The XES is not that different to the standard cars that are being delivered. It therefore has to be the performance differences holding it up ie engine, brakes, exhaust.

6 months delay though that is inexcusable. Unless I really really wanted that model I'd be changing my order.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but hopefully they're just being safe and it'll be alot sooner. When did you order it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey smart 22 when did you order your car because ive ordered an xes and i signed all the paperwork ready for collection between the 12th - 15th july ppl like me and xes owner who seems to have gone missing ordered last year around august and our original dates were last month and have been delayed until now so if you have ordered in march or any later then there will be a possibilty of your delivery date being delayed especially if you were given a september date for delivery

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not sure how engine could be a reason as it's lifted from the F type isn't it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
If it is the engine then i think they prefer selling a F-Type instead of en XE-S :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anybody got any more information on this?

Is this just the say so of 1 dealer or is there some truth behind it?

·
Registered
799 Posts
jimbobc1000 said:
I saw one this morning on the road and drove one on Saturday. I could only get 23 mpg out of it so it wasn't the car for me...
You either had the best test drive ever or the S has 1990's fuel consumption lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
tobes said:
jimbobc1000 said:
I saw one this morning on the road and drove one on Saturday. I could only get 23 mpg out of it so it wasn't the car for me...
You either had the best test drive ever or the S has 1990's fuel consumption lol
TBH I drove it hard got maybe 21mpg reset the consumption and got 23 backing off. Mostly motorway too. For me I thought the BMW 335d engine was more impressive as it felt quicker got 40 + mpg however you drove it. Not as characterful obviusly though and the Jaguar looks IMO so much better.

I really liked the XE diesel thought it was great!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have a 535d now older model so only 272bhp and not the 300+ available now but it does pull incredibly well.

That new 335d is great although if money was no issue I'd take the triple turbo 550d although LHD would be a pain.

I completely agree on looks though. They should pair up and leave design to JLR and engines to the experts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
tobes said:
I have a 535d now older model so only 272bhp and not the 300+ available now but it does pull incredibly well.

That new 335d is great although if money was no issue I'd take the triple turbo 550d although LHD would be a pain.

I completely agree on looks though. They should pair up and leave design to JLR and engines to the experts.
Yeh agree its simply astonishing that a sub 5 second 0-60 car can comfortably do 45 mpg! Mind you I tried a Golf R DSG and that had fantastic economy too for a 300 bhp petrol engeine.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not driven the golf although a colleague has one and he took great joy in trumping my cars stats although to be fair mine was launched in 2004 and did hold the diesel crown for a while.

The suspension and chasis is undoubtedly the best in class however engines and performance are a 'generation' behind if performance and emissions are compared at same time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer (Grange, Barnet, N.London, who have been fantastic, by the way) on an unrelated matter, but asked him about XE-S's, and if he'd heard anything. He said that they are quoting January on new orders, but that they are taking delivery of previously ordered XE-S's in the coming weeks, so I suspect that it may be a combination of factors that may cause an individual order to be delayed.

My dealer confirmed, for example, that my order had been upgraded to 10-way electric seats as Jaguar had a supply issue with the 8-way. My order itself has been delayed until September due to issues (I believe related to supply, not quality) with the HUD unit.

Working for a software company serving the manufacturing industry I know that it is not easy juggling a supply chain of that complexity, although it does not make the wait any more bearable...

·
Registered
198 Posts
It all depends on what you like. Personally I owned quite a few diesels and although the torque is important to some of us it will always still come down to the 0-60 where the XE S is quicker. The 40 mpg that BMW 335 d claim is an impressive figure however I still take that with a pinch of salt as I owned a 320 d and some times it would go down to the low 30`s. When I then test drove the XE 180PS I was only getting 36 mpg when its claims 50 - 60 mpg. I personally have moved to a petrol engine purely because I don`t like the sound of diesel and I hate the lag when pulling away plus I think nothing beats the sound of the supercharge engine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay, So .. I know i've been a little quite on this thread but wanted to get everything finalised and confirmed before i make a post and then have to go back on my comments..

So i was told by my dealer that the XE-S I have had on order has been pushed back by the factory to January 2016 and no one will be getting a delivery, this was left as a voice main on my phone so I never opened any leading questions or pushed hard for answers. Instead i post on here with my frustration and took the matter in hand direct to Jag UK's facebook page (leaving my dealer out in the dark until i have official answers)

So fist of all i posted in a open chat i already had engaging with jaguar regarding an in control app, they were very quick in the response and happy to let all and everyone know this is a "standard" option... bla bla bla jaguar are so good... etc..
Ii then posted in that thread "thanks for letting me know about the "standard" app but I wont be getting to use is as I'm told my car is delayed until January along with all other XE-S's due to production issues... is this correct?

No reply..

2 days later..

Front page of Jag UK's facebook page i post a brand new comment, along the lines of when is my car getting here? - did drop my dealer in it at this stage so jaguar could fully investigate as i knew they would only ask..

5 hours later i get a response saying "we have looked into this & we'd like to discuss this in more detail with you, can we take it to "private chat" - which i thought was a very guilty reply!

however before i had the opportunity to take it to "private chat" my dealer called me out of the blue he said they have "good news" ignore his previous voice message and fear not as my car is now back on for September .. something like "someone cancelled" and this freed up an existing build slot? - suggesting to me its not a production issue but more like my local dealer "FORGOT" to submit my order,

Anyway.. I told him this is amazing news and so "unexpected".. (obviously in a semi sarcastic manner) then proceeded to tell him I'd just been communication with JLR and this is such a "coincidence" he agreed.. STRANGE EY...

Anyhow from where I'm sitting it looks like all is okay.. I would of cancelled my car as i feel a january delivery date is a **** take and i admit its also a principle thing, I would of pursued 2 options
1) Accepted a 4.9% APR on a F-Type and spent 2k more to upgrade (as my car is £50,000 as is)
2) Accepted delivery of my car if an R-sport was lent to me between September till January (delivery of XE-S) and a few freebies were added onto my build.

Other than that I'd of kept my £50,000 and spent it on a 2nd hand F-Type in a private sale..

(obviously I have let him know all this and what I'd of put forward if all went tits up) .. I feel now that if they have "bad news for me" then they can start working out either a finance package on a F-Type or getting an R-Sport ready..

BUT.. my dealership i feel have worked very hard for me and i still sing there praise.. I am responsible for a big company and am guilty myself of "messing up orders" - they took it upon themselves to fix this error in house (maybe with a prompt from head office) but Jaguar as a company did fix the error and i have been given a delivery date today of 25th of September.. going to accept delivery on the 1st of October so I can save a Tax month lol..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts