Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this kit in the garage for a while now, I've finally got some time to fir the kit & arrange for a tune. Conveniently my warranty expires this month. I love the car other than it being an automatic but have always felt it is very sluggish so hopefully this will help.
Product Textile Grey Automotive tire Wood

A quick pic of the belt routing for later
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust

I found it easier to hold the crank with a deep socket and extension and use that to stop the engine from rotating whilst bracing the torx socket to keep it straight and reduce the chance of damaging the cap screws.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Old pulley off and sitting ontop of the new one, can see its slightly larger
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Door Wood Audio equipment Rim

Wood Door Rim Musical instrument Sculpture

Cleaned up the loctite on the cap screws with a die nut and cleaned out the holes with a tap andblow from the air compressor. Cleaned next to un cleaned.
Household hardware Fastener Wood Automotive tire Nickel

New pulley fitted and checked for alignment. Camera angle doesn't do it justice, it's spot on.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Tread

New belt and idler fitted, car start and runs fine.
Auto part Gas Metal Wood Pattern

Overall it took about 1.5hours all done from the top.
Hardest part was removing and replacing the air intake at the supercharger throttle body.

Booked in for a custom tune on the dyno on Saturday so should hopefully get it back Sunday/Monday. Hopefully it all goes well and my next post isn't a wanted ad for a new engine & gearbox 馃槀

Administrator
South Bucks
Nice job.
I've heard of the pulley upgrade and a few have done it but you are the first to show decent pictures.
I'd be interested to see what the dyno results are.
Was yours a 340 or 380 stock ?

Reactions: scobie140

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job.
I've heard of the pulley upgrade and a few have done it but you are the first to show decent pictures.
I'd be interested to see what the dyno results are.
Was yours a 340 or 380 stock ?
I've seen a few guys who say they have it but when asked for pics or dyno print out they can never produce one. I'm assuming they have either just had a remap or have had it done and just had the generic map flash without any actual tuning on a dyno. So will be interesting to see how the real numbers stack up against the claims.
340 stock.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the good news is I'm not looking for a new engine & gearbox 馃槀

The numbers are a little disappointing for pub talk but not far off what I expected to be honest. However the car does feel quicker & he has mapped the gearbox aswel so the changes are a lot better in sports mode. It now feels quick but refined with not too much drama when you plant the foot which can be deceiving. I think my problem is that my last car was running 475bhp & I have a motorbike so pretty much everything feels slow in comparison

Final result
Font Slope Parallel Screenshot Rectangle

He did a few runs at about 430bhp but the curves wasn't the best and the car was really starting to struggle with in take temperature on those runs. Rather than push for bigger numbers it was dialed back a tad and the curves smoothed out for better smoother power delivery. He said there is still more power to be had from this set up but would need complimented with larger intercooler, de-cats etc. 84bhp / 25% gain and a smoother gearbox for less than 1k outlay isn't too bad I suppose.

Just need to source new alloys & get the car polished & ceramic coated now

Attachments

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
I think my problem is that my last car was running 475bhp & I have a motorbike so pretty much everything feels slow in comparison
Goodness, that's an impressive amount of power. It handles it well enough, I guess? Does it come at any real cost in fuel, or does that completely depend on your right foot?
It's all relative as you say, though. Compared with a bike (or indeed a go kart) modern cars are just so very civilised.
Many years ago, I found my unruly Rover 220 turbo felt really quick because it simply scared me to death! Though there could have been a large dose of me scaring myself to death too.. I was young.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goodness, that's an impressive amount of power. It handles it well enough, I guess? Does it come at any real cost in fuel, or does that completely depend on your right foot?
It's all relative as you say, though. Compared with a bike (or indeed a go kart) modern cars are just so very civilised.
Many years ago, I found my unruly Rover 220 turbo felt really quick because it simply scared me to death! Though there could have been a large dose of me scaring myself to death too.. I was young.
Yeh it is still very refined and drives just as good. I've not really checked the fuel but I would imagine it will use more when the right foot is heavy and still be reasonable when just pootling about as your just feathering the throttle then really. I think older cars did a good job of keeping you on your toes as there was less electrical interference and suspension set ups weren't as good as modern standards so they needed less power to be more wild. Being young and fearless would also help haha

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
Wild. Yes, that's a good word for it. The early cars. And me :LOL:

• Haha
1 - 7 of 7 Posts