Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have ordered XE R Sport diesel (163) in Bluefire with Meridian audio and split seat. Current car a Volvo V50 R Design. 4 years and 130k on the clock, been a solid car. Test drove a BMW 420d Gran Coupe and a Merc C220d. XE felt special by comparison.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Robbie,

Welcome on this forum. I guess your testdrive was the 180ps diesel (auto?), because the 163ps are still not available. How did you judge this diesel against the Merc & Beamer? I currently drive a C 220d and get my XE next Friday without having a testdrive :)

Please share your spec in more detail with us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
XES Owner; no delivery date yet, expecting confirmation next week. In no rush because happy to hammer the Volvo estate with my current house renovation a little while longer yet! Thanks for welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marc said:
Hi Robbie,

Welcome on this forum. I guess your testdrive was the 180ps diesel (auto?), because the 163ps are still not available. How did you judge this diesel against the Merc & Beamer? I currently drive a C 220d and get my XE next Friday without having a testdrive :)

Please share your spec in more detail with us.
Cheers for welcome! Yes 180 auto. Very tempting but as a company car user the 163 manual is just too good a deal to ignore (sensible hat was on) with 99gkm co2.

For me, comfort and cabin are real important factors given the time I spend on motorways, so this was how I judged against the BMW. Unless you spend big on options the 3/4 series cabin is pretty dull. C220d was very tempting overall but Prefer styling of Jag. Can't argue the BMW felt rapid and the C class, well, classy! You'll love the way the XE drives in sure. I had an hour round town and on cresting, bending country roads and it was the most I've enjoyed a car in years. My spec is R Sport, 163d manual, Bluefire, blue leather, spilt seat, Meridian audio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.