Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going for a Prestige 200PS in white (my wife's choice), with fully adjustable seats ( I'm getting on a bit and being able to tweak them on a long run helps my back no end), the major safety features (adaptive cruise control, blind spot, etc), the memory pack (saves a lot of arguing if my wife screws up my settings) oh, and a spare wheel (I have runflats on my Series 1 BMW, which do work although the alarm is a bit startling, and I don't fancy the idea of poking about with a can of pressurised goo on the side of the M1).

I signed the contract on the 15th June - straight after the test drive - and the delivery date is September 15th (at 11:20 am !) although the dealer did say it could change a bit.

Incidentally, I noticed a Forum member who had included a garage door opener. I had an X Type for 6 years - yeah, I know it was just a Mondeo in fancy dress but still a delightful car to drive - and I specced a garage door opener which didn't work with my garage door - the mob that made the electronics for it refused to release part of their coding to anyone at all, on security grounds, so I had to carry a key fob transmitter in the car - needless to say I could never find it when I was about to perform my majestic sweep into the garage. Jaguar weren't much help and in the end I managed to get (from Germany) a Homeserve receiver which was compatible, and wired it across the operating relay in the garage. It could be that this will be the case with the current Jags. It took me, literally, several years before I solved it, though.

Ian

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome Ian.

I decided not to pay extra for the memory pack re the wife changing my settings, instead I just won't let her drive it :))

Suspect she will ignore me on that issue though....

That sounds a bit optimistic re the delivery date from reading other members treads and experience, but fingers crossed for September. I ordered in May and my build slot is September with delivery in October.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Harry,

Similar wife problem to me, then.. Slightly off-topic - I think some of the Fords have keys which can be programmed to prevent the driver exceeding a specific speed. The words "wife", "lead" and "balloon" spring to mind.

The possibility of the date is a worry, although the dealer is standing the ongoing depreciation on the BMW, so it's not all bad (and my capital is keeping a nose ahead of inflation). One "common factor" I noticed in the delivery woes is that many of them seemed to be for fleet or business cars. Not much I can do about anyway, except nag the dealer, but I'll get my wife to do that. Send in the Rottweilers...

Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.