Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically your wheel nuts.

Are locking wheel nuts standard? I know I didn't specify any.

I suddenly thought about this this morning when I saw the XF up the road from me up on bricks, minus it's wheels.

Is there a rating for locking nuts, whith some types better than others?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Every car I've had that was manufactured after 1997 has had locking wheel nuts as standard.

Would be suprised if the premium Jag XE comes without as standard.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Talking of which. Anybody had the Jag wheel nuts fitted. Black ones ook sweet on the site.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know they're usually standard.

It's been a long time since I've seen a car up on bricks like that. Nowdays I guess the oiks tend to take the whole car :D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
With you in it.....the oiks are learning how to remote hack the cars....it's possible thru the in built in sim card and worryingly thru the dab.they can gain access to all systems!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
gsb1970 said:
With you in it.....the oiks are learning how to remote hack the cars....it's possible thru the in built in sim card and worryingly thru the dab.they can gain access to all systems!!
On the flip side the car be found from the inbuilt sim, so unless they are going to take dashboard apart (or wherever it is located) there isn't much point in pulling off a high tech theft.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Mine has them on a standard r 180 sport

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine came with locking wheel nuts and I didn't spec them

·
Registered
67 Posts
Morpheus said:
Sorry guys, locking wheel nuts are not std.
You have to order separately
They are listed as standard on the Prestige.

·
Registered
505 Posts
After I'd ordered I was looking at what enhancements I could get past the Treasurer and I spotted the locking nuts as an optional extra. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and asked the salesman. He confirmed that they are a standard fit, which begs the question as to why they are offered as options. Similar conundrum about the spare wheel, why is it £150 if ordered with the car but also quoted at £350-odd.

The answer seems to be that a car with the factory fitted spare doesn't need the Repair Kit so they can knock that off the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts