Goodbye FPace / Hello XE

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
JAGDH

Re: Goodbye FPace / Hello XE

Post by JAGDH » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:16 pm

XE sounds perfect for a daily driver, I’ve got the 180d and think they did a great job with its overall performance. Feels much more capable than I expected for daily driving, so imagine the 240 is even better.

How is the F-Type for luggage space? Could you get a couple of carry on sized cases in it for a weekend away? Would love to get one in the future
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)

Ricb

Post by Ricb » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:53 pm

luggage space in the FType is fine, not brilliant. went away for a weekend and we absolutely filled the boot, but this included bedding so did the job!
XE Portfolio 2.0d 240 Portfolio with many many extras.
F-Type 3.0S Convertible

lexie

Post by lexie » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:36 pm

It depends on whether you are thinking of an F type convertible or coupe. Quite a few people have done 2 week touring holidays in the convertible, where I believe the secret is squashy bags and careful packing of the shallow boot. The coupe will easily take two medium cases (65-7cm) with room to spare.

https://www.ftypeforums.co.uk/viewtopic ... e&start=20
R-Sport 200ps Ammonite grey, parking pack, split fold rear seats, space saver, 14 way seats

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Yes, the coupe is my daily. Once you take the spare out and rely on the can of goo, the boot space is pretty good. I can fit in 2 six bottle cases of sparkling, a carton of beer and about a half a dozen shopping bags.

Luggage wise, it holds enough for a 2 week trip for 2, though we have to redistribute stuff that we buy overseas to fit it in coming back from the airport.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:25 pm

Sorry to stray off topic here but Bruce, in your signature you say you have a 300 HSE R-dynamic with RWD. Is that special to the Australian market or is it the UK market that's different because to get the 300 HSE R-dynamic here we have to have AWD, not that I'm complaining as it sure puts the power down with very little drama :D
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:57 pm

Cheers, ours in Oz come with RWD only. Personally I have preferred the RWD in the F Types as the AWD puts more weight up the front but I've never driven an AWD XE and cant comment on the difference. The front of the XE is very light and direct. At the back end it will break traction a tiny bit but not much except in the wet, once you do it in the wet all bets are off, running on P zeros.

Oddly enough the performance stats have it that the RWD is a fraction slower to 100kph than the AWD (5.9 seconds against 5.7AWD), I would have expected the other way around. It certainly feels nice and quick, even with my daily being a sub 4.5 second car.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

JAGDH

Post by JAGDH » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:14 am

BruceTheQuail wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 pm
Yes, the coupe is my daily. Once you take the spare out and rely on the can of goo, the boot space is pretty good. I can fit in 2 six bottle cases of sparkling, a carton of beer and about a half a dozen shopping bags.

Luggage wise, it holds enough for a 2 week trip for 2, though we have to redistribute stuff that we buy overseas to fit it in coming back from the airport.
I would (will ;) ) get a coupe F-Type at some point, as do prefer how they look over the convertible.

I had a BMW Z3 back in the day as my only car, getting me and my wife back, along with all our stuff at Xmas etc. was certain a challenge :lol: I actually split the rear window one year when I tried to squeeze a bit too much in the little alcove behind the seats. I didn't get the car from new, but I kept it until it was about 17 years old - It wasn't one of the faster ones but still wish I'd kept it. Have considered getting one as a second car but just can't justify it.
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)