200ps Exhaust Conversion

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Panthera

Re: 200ps Exhaust Conversion

Post by Panthera » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:46 pm

Would like to do this to my 200.How is the valance attached to the bumper,how do you separate it from the bumper.Can it be done at ground level or does car need to be on ramps?
Someone said it only takes about an hour so would prefer to swap it myself if possible.Laying on frozen ground might make me work harder and do it faster !
Thanks for any replies and help given.Its a worthwhile modification I think.
Cheers
Colin

iBaa

Post by iBaa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi, the rear valance is held in place with two bolts under the wheel well and then clipped in place to the rear bumper.

Separation is with a mixture of a putty knife twisting between the bumper and valance effort and a small amount of brute force from your thumbs!

It can be completed without ramps to remove the valance and refit in 30 mins. The exhaust tips require a workshop ramp, and welding to replace, best completed by a local garage!
R-Sport 200PS, Polaris White, 18" Star wheels, Jet/Red seats, Black Pack, Black window surrounds, Privacy Glass, Parking Pack, Meridian Audio.

Panthera

Post by Panthera » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:15 pm

iBaa wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm
Hi, the rear valance is held in place with two bolts under the wheel well and then clipped in place to the rear bumper.

Separation is with a mixture of a putty knife twisting between the bumper and valance effort and a small amount of brute force from your thumbs!

It can be completed without ramps to remove the valance and refit in 30 mins. The exhaust tips require a workshop ramp, and welding to replace, best completed by a local garage!
Thank you for the advice,appreciate it.
Colin

Britannia

Post by Britannia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:25 am

Hi Gents. I know this topic has been running for quite a while ;) but after changing from a Diesel to a 2.0lt petrol Prestige last September and a 65 plate the Jaguar has the two rear silencer set up but with both tail pipes turned downwards. :roll: I have now decided to do the change. Its a cosmetic thing, but what a difference it makes to the style, :) Its not a power upgrade so not messing with the insurance. I have a replacement Valance with the two exit cutouts and are now choosing decent Chrome straight tail pipes.from Powerflow. They have a large selection to choose from. I have measured the outside diameter of the existing down pipes and these are 60mm. The overall distance from the exit of the exhaust pipe to about a 30mm past the Valance edge. is 180mm.
I will take photos of the work done and will let every one know who will be doing the welding as i do not have access to a decent welding kit now, Wore brown Garage overalls 1968 to 1984. Vauxhall & Rover. Time served apprentice. Motor Vehicle Technician.

Britannia

Post by Britannia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi The existing exhaust down pipes are 60mm diameter and i am also in contact with Powerflow local to me. Its either Southampton or Shaftsbury. I am booking in some time next week , but need to change the valance over first, but not in this rain sodden weekend. Garage is occupied with a Jaguar X type in Topaz Gold 2002 reg but only 94 thou on the clock Its in superb condition and sat next to it is a Beauford Open top tourer long 17ft vehicle. It was used as a Wedding car business for 10 years but retired really, Its got a 2.4 liter straight 6 Bosh Jetronic injection. Its on car and Classic actually. Low milage. T reg. Back to the exhaust tips. I thought a 3 inch was about right but 3.5 inch might suffice to fill the gap better in the cut outs. Will wait and see whats best. Got a good price to supply and fit.

richmond

Post by richmond » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Britannia, don't worry about the sizing. Just change the valance over then visit a Powerflow and let them do all the work for you. All you have to do is choose which exhaust tips look the best.
John
2016 XE Italian Racing Red Prestige 2.0i 200
Prev. 2011 XFS

Panthera

Post by Panthera » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Hi,
I have decided to get this modification done and have removed the old valance. I would like to ask the guys who have already done this a question before I continue if I may.

Do you fit the new valance before or after the exhaust cutting/welding? Or does it matter?
Don’t want to get the straight pipes fitted then find I can’t get new valance on if you know what I mean.
Can a Powerflow centre do the work with the valance fitted ?

Thanks for any advice.
Drive safe
Colin

iBaa

Post by iBaa » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi,

I removed the old valance and fitted the new one before having the exhaust tips fitted. The power flow centre didn't have any issues cutting the old tips off and fitting the new ones.

I want sure if the valance would fit over the replacement tips that were fitted, I think someone has confirmed that it can be done after the tips are fitted, but I wanted to be sure before I had them fitted to save the potential issue of having to have them removed lol

Don't forget to add some ’after’ photos once completed 👍
R-Sport 200PS, Polaris White, 18" Star wheels, Jet/Red seats, Black Pack, Black window surrounds, Privacy Glass, Parking Pack, Meridian Audio.

Panthera

Post by Panthera » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi
Thanks for your advice. Think I will fit new valance first then visit the exhaust guys. My car has the black pack/ black alloys so was thinking of black tips but will see what’s on offer when the time comes.
Will try and add some photos if I can work out how to do it !
Any tips on fitting new valance or is it just a wrestle ?
Cheers
Colin

richmond

Post by richmond » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:32 am

It is a bit of hard work. Just read the whole thread and you'll get some good advice.
John
2016 XE Italian Racing Red Prestige 2.0i 200
Prev. 2011 XFS

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”