200ps Exhaust Conversion

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
Panthera

Re: 200ps Exhaust Conversion

Post by Panthera » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:46 pm

Would like to do this to my 200.How is the valance attached to the bumper,how do you separate it from the bumper.Can it be done at ground level or does car need to be on ramps?
Someone said it only takes about an hour so would prefer to swap it myself if possible.Laying on frozen ground might make me work harder and do it faster !
Thanks for any replies and help given.Its a worthwhile modification I think.
Cheers
Colin

iBaa

Post by iBaa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi, the rear valance is held in place with two bolts under the wheel well and then clipped in place to the rear bumper.

Separation is with a mixture of a putty knife twisting between the bumper and valance effort and a small amount of brute force from your thumbs!

It can be completed without ramps to remove the valance and refit in 30 mins. The exhaust tips require a workshop ramp, and welding to replace, best completed by a local garage!
R-Sport 200PS, Polaris White, 18" Star wheels, Jet/Red seats, Black Pack, Black window surrounds, Privacy Glass, Parking Pack, Meridian Audio.

Panthera

Post by Panthera » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:15 pm

iBaa wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm
Hi, the rear valance is held in place with two bolts under the wheel well and then clipped in place to the rear bumper.

Separation is with a mixture of a putty knife twisting between the bumper and valance effort and a small amount of brute force from your thumbs!

It can be completed without ramps to remove the valance and refit in 30 mins. The exhaust tips require a workshop ramp, and welding to replace, best completed by a local garage!
Thank you for the advice,appreciate it.
Colin

Return to “Members Gallery”