XE-S Collection Day!

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
Repairman

Re: XE-S Collection Day!

Post by Repairman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:54 pm

Vespa wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:02 pm
Repairman (R) don't waste your money. My next door neighbour had them fitted to her Merc AMG and managed to damage all the wheels even with them on. She did the same with her previous car an Audi. The Mercedes dealer told her they were dangerous as the bead seal is not secure with them fitted to any car wheel. (G)
I can only go on a neighbours experience with a VW, and these are not the type that go into bead seal area, they just stick on outer face of alloy, I might give them a try at £25 for 4, as the damage I am sustaining is from minor contact with curbs, not going up over kerbs etc, When I have fitted, I will report how successful they are, I do so miss the profile I had on the ST220 tyres, they had built in kerb protection
XE R Sport 180 2.0D in Italian Racing Red

Pongo

Post by Pongo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:21 pm

Oh Renesis, that's a shame. Same wheel too. At least you know a good bloke to fix it :)

If can be a misery worrying about wheels. It might just be a bad patch - and neither of you will go near a kerb again now for years. Not sure about the 'alloy gater' things other than they might look a bit odd on Propeller style wheels.

The rim does protrude further on the fronts with the Pirelli tyres than on the rear. Which is odd. Not sure if is the same with other tyre makes or if a different make would afford greater protection.
2016 XE-S 340

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:19 pm

I have Dunlop's, and its the rears which are worst, mind you with the depreciation hit the car is taken, I am not sure I should worry about the wheels too much, its just a pride thing!
XE R Sport 180 2.0D in Italian Racing Red

Pil0106

Post by Pil0106 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:32 am

Got car back from dealership yesterday.
1. There is a software issue with the selection of forward alert in the menu.
2. If you don't have Active Cruise Control forward alert does not work. You can tick it, but you have no radar detector fitted behind the badge on grill.
3. The tick box should be greyed out if no ACC fitted. Apparently its in the latest manual.

The dealership believed the one of the cameras did this, they changed it twice, re-calibrated.......etc. They took out a brand new Range Rover with the box ticked following another JLR car very close. No warnings.

I cannot list the amount of people while in the dealership who have issues with the whole range, badges falling off, functions not working, Stop Start not working (tell them its the regulator). Sat Nav updates..............

My view is as mines one of the first 5000 of XE's 2015 it has the niggles.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:38 am

Early XE's did have niggles and I bought knowing that could happen. ALL of mine are now sorted inc S/S which I finally got sorted with a higher capacity battery last week.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Pil0106

Post by Pil0106 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:51 am

yep, love the drive. Mine goes back in November, 4 year company car deal. Issue for me is a Premium Brand, service poor. Guess dealerships vary.
Also company car, not much in it for them.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:56 am

Dealerships seem to vary quite a bit with knowledge and customer dealing. I am lucky as mine is excellent.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:55 pm

I should start a new thread XJ collection day as currently our loaner car is a brand new Jaguar XJ and what a car it is.

It’s not as fun to drive though, and the soundtrack is missing. I feel like I’m steering a cruise ship
XE-S MY15 340PS
Santorini Black, 20” Propellers, Black Pack, Pan Roof, ACC, HUD, Winter Pack, Lighting Pack,18 Way Seats.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Yeah the XJ is very much like driving a canal boat - good luck parking it ;-)
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 am

When I was at my dealer a couple of weeks ago they had just recieved an XJ in a swap of used cars with another dealership in the group.
An ammonite (Corris) grey one.
Looked at bit mean with black wheels, huge brakes and all black trim.
Looked at the back and it was an "XJ R 550".
A very fast canal boat.................. :lol:
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Return to “Members Gallery”