My Ammonite Grey XE

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
dspencer0

My Ammonite Grey XE

Post by dspencer0 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have been admiring a lot of your XE's for a while now. I finally took the plunge and got my Ammonite Grey XE R Sport 180 a few weeks ago. I'm so happy with it, finding any excuse to get out and take it for a drive. I went for a couple of extras - privacy glass and black pack and I'm so glad I did. Everything else is standard spec with taurus black leather interior.

I have a few bug bears with it, the slight delay in pick up when you put your foot down in normal mode, but this is greatly improved in dynamic mode - this seems to be quite common with what I've read from some of the member posts on here. The other two... The lack of electronic fold in mirrors and the flimsy and cheap feeling of the indicator and windscreen washer stalks. Considering the luxury feel and high end spec to the rest of the car, these two items let it down.

However, that being said, I'm being very picky because I love the car so much and I'm so happy with my colour choice. Anyway, here are some photos, and I'm looking forward to getting involved in some of the chat on here.

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Last edited by dspencer0 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XE R-Sport 180PS
Ammonite Grey / Taurus Black Leather
Privacy Glass - Black Pack

My XE - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4438

JiggyJag

Re: My Ammonite Grey XE

Post by JiggyJag » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:43 pm

Looks good with privacy pack and black pack.
I tend to put mine in dynamic to avoid the pick up delay - sorts the issue nicely :D
Curr: MY18 XE Portfolio 250 RWD, Loire blue / Oyster, parking pack, folding mirrors, spare wheel, splash guards
Prev: MY17 XE Prestige 180 Auto, Odyssey red / Latte, parking pack, heated screen, pano roof, folding mirrors, spare wheel, splash guards

dspencer0

Post by dspencer0 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 pm

Do you find any major difference in MPG between Normal and Dynamic mode? More out of interest, just because I can't seem to find too much information in terms of performance and fuel consumption online
XE R-Sport 180PS

XEfan

Post by XEfan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 pm

Nice looking car. Privacy glass and black pack look awesome. Can't wait to get mine in July!
MY18 Jaguar XE R-sport 180 auto, IRR, red/black interior, black pack, ICT Pro 825w, parking pack, powerfold mirrors, privacy glass, black matrix wheels

dspencer0

Post by dspencer0 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:55 pm

I bet! I couldn't wait to get mine, so went for one they had in stock. Otherwise I would have gone for a few other extras.
Look forward to seeing yours when it arrives.
XE R-Sport 180PS

JiggyJag

Post by JiggyJag » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:06 pm

I've not noticed any difference in mpg.
The response is definitely better in dynamic.
This is my first auto so now I've had it a while - 6k miles - I'm getting the gearbox reset and hoping that re-learning will make it even better :mrgreen:
Curr: MY18 XE Portfolio 250 RWD, Loire blue / Oyster, parking pack, folding mirrors, spare wheel, splash guards
Prev: MY17 XE Prestige 180 Auto, Odyssey red / Latte, parking pack, heated screen, pano roof, folding mirrors, spare wheel, splash guards

Martyn UK

Post by Martyn UK » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Congratulations looking good have fun.

One observation the boot lid is slightly out of alignment on Left hand side.

Martyn
Portfolio 200 Ingenium Petrol, 18 MY,Loire Blue ,Light Oyster, Split rear seats, spare wheel,14way front seats, Cold Climate pack, Parking pack ,Powered boot lid, Power fold heated mirrors , ICT Pro Meridian, Blind spot monitor.

Hammers

Post by Hammers » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:48 am

It looks really good. My colour choice was based. On what I saw in the dealer.i went there thinking silver, grey. Green, but ended up ordering Italian Racing Red with black pack, black wheels,and red jet seats.
Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, Power Mirrors, Illuminated sills, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof, heated front seats, jet/red seats, DAB+, sports pedals, window tint.

aguycalleddb

Post by aguycalleddb » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Looks great, love the grey :)
Dan

2016 XE 25t R-Sport
Amanite Grey|19" Black Venoms|Black Pack|Black Mirror Caps|Folding Mirrors|ITC Pro|Parking Pack|Cold Climate Pack | Xenon UK Front Splitter

dspencer0

Post by dspencer0 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:01 am

Hammers wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:48 am
It looks really good. My colour choice was based. On what I saw in the dealer.i went there thinking silver, grey. Green, but ended up ordering Italian Racing Red with black pack, black wheels,and red jet seats.
Was that in Westover Jaguar in Poole? That same spec XE in their showroom almost tempted me as well
XE R-Sport 180PS

Return to “Members Gallery”