Jaguar XE Forum banner

bob mcn red 300 sport

18K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  bob_mcn 
#1 ·
Delivery and its final valet before pickup today. :D Bye to my 'old' 25T.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Well Done!
It will have been worth the wait.
You take it easy with that beastie...................well, to start with anyway!
:D

#7 ·
Very nice indeed!

#8 ·
Well its on the drive, I LIKE IT ! :D :D :D

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Much better pickup from tick over, accelerates like crazy when provoked, smoother and a bit more exhaust note than the 25T, :eek:
No noticeable difference with the AWD compared to the rear drive,
one thing i did notice is that the stop/start LED is OFF when the ss is active and ON when it is turned off :?
All panel gaps look ok, and gesture works occasionally, yep i think you need clown shoes, size 8 may be too small :lol:
More photos when i can get around to it........OH, and i like the 'normal' number plate. JAG B MCN

Attachments

#11 ·
BRC said:
Looking very good and when I saw it earlier I did wonder about the number plate. Was that entirely luck or was there some interevention?
DVLA, about £350, when i saw it, i had to have it. :cool: JA is not a general issue, its only sold on their website.

#14 ·
few more photo's......as promised :D
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood

Tire Plant Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

#16 ·
bigmick777 said:
Looks mint and good feedback on the drive - cant wait for mine now! I'll be asking for JA6x MDS
You cannot ask the dealer for it, you need to purchase it from DVLA site first and then take it to your dealer to register it on that number.

Only 4 matches for that description
http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/search/current-number-plates.html?prefix1=J&prefix2=A&numbers=&letter1=M&letter2=D&letter3=S&action=index&pricefrom=0&priceto=&currentmatches=&searched=true&openoption=&language=en&prefix2.x=42&prefix2.y=22&super=&super_pricefrom=&super_priceto=

#17 ·
Any mither getting car insurance. I know have the number plate thats been assigned but that doesnt show up on any systems.

Called Aviva and they dont have the 300 sport listed so went through trying to find the closest match - which worries me somewhat should I need to claim!!! I got disconnected so got to call them back.

#18 ·
I'm with Jaguar ins. and no problem, sorted in 20 minutes. Had the 7 day, get you home ins from dealer to get it registered, taxed etc. Then changed it to my previous policy when i got home.

You may have your number, but is it actually registered yet at DVLA, if it isn't it wont recognize the number or vehicle.

You could try this link to see if its on DVLA database. https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

#20 ·
All the ins. co. do is type in the reg number and it comes up with the details, then they stiff you.
jaguar ins did me another £100, or lose £150 if i cancel, not happy, will see what happens at renewal time. There is always someone else to sort me.

#22 ·
Small problem needing sorting already......, order was specified (amongst other bits) for light headlining and 18 way seats/memory/folding mirrors etc.

AND the factory have built it with only the standard 14 way seats/memory/folding mirrors, and black headlining. :shock:

Been to dealers today to inform/show them, and they agree its cocked up at the factory, so i will call back in tomorrow to sort it out with them,

To be honest i didn't notice the black headlining until i saw a bit of white cotton against it, so i could live with that.

And the seats are pretty good anyway, only noticed that while trying to set it up for my bulk, :lol: (missing is the adjustable bolsters and seat cushion extension adjustment), but, let's see what they can sort out. (I don't really want it dismantling and rewiring just to add 2 functions to the front seats).

#24 ·
bob_mcn said:
Small problem needing sorting already......, order was specified (amongst other bits) for light headlining and 18 way seats/memory/folding mirrors etc.

AND the factory have built it with only the standard 14 way seats/memory/folding mirrors, and black headlining. :shock:
The same seat issue happened to me.

Took them a year to build me a new car...

Turned out afterwards that a master tech could have retrofitted the 18way seats.

#25 ·
Sorting out a refund/compensation deal at the moment, :) And to be honest i'm now happy with the black headlining as it matches the whole interior, and the seats....i don't think i'll miss the 2 missing adjustments, i rarely used them on the portfolio i had first, its adjusted now and very comfy it is to, and it fits like a glove. :D

Been over to Matlock and back today, all A and B roads, up and down, twisty and damp, not a foot wrong, and it did 30.7 mpg, well chuffed. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.