Eclipse; XE-S 380, Santorini Black, 20" 1014's

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
PhilB

Re: Eclipse; XE-S 380, Santorini Black, 20" 1014's

Post by PhilB » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:53 am

fred wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:28 pm
Do the headphones have to be paired or anything. Upgraded a new XE with dual view and the headphones but can’t find any instructions on how to use them. At the moment we are all listening to the movie when my daughter is watching it !
I had a look at the online manual and it seems to be covered in there.
Have a look in your manual under "dual view" and "headphones" and it explains how to select a button on the dual view screen to have the passenger listen on headphones.
Just one bit from the online manual:

Screenshot_2019-06-10 Jaguar Owner Information.png

The headphones section shows how to use a source button on the side of the headphones to select the media for them.
I would presume they are fully bluetooth connected to the car as a matter of course.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

fred

Re: Eclipse; XE-S 380, Santorini Black, 20" 1014's

Post by fred » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 am

PhilB wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:53 am
fred wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:28 pm
Do the headphones have to be paired or anything. Upgraded a new XE with dual view and the headphones but can’t find any instructions on how to use them. At the moment we are all listening to the movie when my daughter is watching it !
I had a look at the online manual and it seems to be covered in there.
Have a look in your manual under "dual view" and "headphones" and it explains how to select a button on the dual view screen to have the passenger listen on headphones.
Just one bit from the online manual:
Screenshot_2019-06-10 Jaguar Owner Information.png

The headphones section shows how to use a source button on the side of the headphones to select the media for them.
I would presume they are fully bluetooth connected to the car as a matter of course.

Thanks PhilB. I shoulda read the manual. ;)

I did read the headphones part and it was not very detailed. I pieced together what it must be doing from the other posts. Turns out it is not a bluetooth one or at least a conventional one, and I was trying to get it to work like a bluetooth headset.

There is an infra red controller on the roof where the sunglasses holder should have been. Just switching on the headset seems to connect it. Once connected, my daughter can then listen to the DVD audio on the headphones, while the rest of us are listening to Spotify through the car speakers. Very cool!

There is also a channel selector which I need to figure out.

Return to “Members Gallery”