XE-S Collection Day!

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
Renesis

Re: XE-S Collection Day!

Post by Renesis » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 pm

Yes it detects stationary traffic but it’s abit keen so I’ve been turning it off, however when I next use the car it has turned its self back on again. It’s not an issue as it seems to have relaxed abit now.

Just done a 300 mile round trip which involved a couple of tunnels. Safe to say I’m still grinning!!!
Very Impressed with MPG as well I was expecting high 20’s but have been getting mid 30s even with the odd burst of the loud pedal. Putting all of the power down requires you to be awake though! I’ve got somewhat used to AWD where you can just plant your foot and away you go. This thing is like trying to tame and angry jaguar after you’ve pulled it’s tail and I love it

Car seems to be attracting some good attention as well which is always nice, I do think the wheels enhance the image massively.
XE-S MY15 340PS
Santorini Black, 20” Propellers, Black Pack, Pan Roof, ACC, HUD, Winter Pack, Lighting Pack,18 Way Seats.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:36 am

XE123, its the radar system for the better cruise control that slows and speeds up the car when slower traffic is in front and you have cruise set.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:25 am

Renesis wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 pm
Just done a 300 mile round trip which involved a couple of tunnels. Safe to say I’m still grinning!!!
Very Impressed with MPG as well I was expecting high 20’s but have been getting mid 30s even with the odd burst of the loud pedal. Putting all of the power down requires you to be awake though! I’ve got somewhat used to AWD where you can just plant your foot and away you go. This thing is like trying to tame and angry jaguar after you’ve pulled it’s tail and I love it
Yes, it can be pretty "raw" if you give it the chance.
:lol:
Presumably yours is an approved used?
Hopefully you can get your sig done so we can see the spec .
:D
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:54 am

Renesis wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 pm
... tried using the paddles yet?, go down a couple of gears to put the revs up - foot down - it'll auto gear change near the red line then just keep going, ...and going and going, ooh the drama! that'll put a smile on your face!! :lol: :lol: :P 8-) :o :o :o (Of course please observe all road speed limits and be safe!)
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:29 pm

I’ve just Kerbed the front passenger alloy on the school run this morning and have been on a sulk ever since! Glad I took the alloy insurance out so called them up straight away!

I’ve tried the paddles when going through the tunnels to get the revs up but I am yet to drive it in the dry where I can see what’s what. These tyres PZeros just don’t give me the confidence to properly boot it in the wet. I had them on the FPace and on that they were twitchy aswel.

Yes Phil approved used, I’ll dig the order form out and try and fill out my signature.
XE-S MY15 340PS
Santorini Black, 20” Propellers, Black Pack, Pan Roof, ACC, HUD, Winter Pack, Lighting Pack,18 Way Seats.

clivetay33

Post by clivetay33 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Great choice of car, enjoy! I kerbed my passenger side alloys too recently due to an ars****e in a 4x4 nearly running me off the road. I had to mount the kerb! I had alloy insurance and they were very helpful, I hope they do a good job with the repair. Good luck with yours.
Jaguar XE S Indus Silver 380 bhp black pack, cold climate pack 1, 18 way power front seats, memory pack with powerfold mirrors, 19 inch black alloy wheels, panoramic electric sun roof, advanced parking assist pack

Nickhester

Post by Nickhester » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:35 am

Welcome to fantastic motoring! I never get bored of the looks and the soundtrack! Great choice.
XE S - 380 - Carpathian Grey - Panoramic Roof - 20 inch propellers

Pongo

Post by Pongo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 am

Great looking car.

Sorry to hear about the alloy - but could you post 'before' and 'after' pics of the damage / repair as I have the same wheels and am wondering how they would be repaired if I did the same.
2016 XE-S 340

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Wells here the before photos, just waiting for the company to contact me regarding a repair date. D

6CCF368C-4E56-4925-AFC6-CD31EBB09539.jpeg

52A7E2D5-94FF-4A25-85F7-2EEABBF6A281.jpeg

XE-S MY15 340PS

Pongo

Post by Pongo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Ouch. That is a shame. You must've just brushed it as it could have been a whole lot worse.. It's a horrible moment when that happens and you have to get out and brace yourself to look at the result. It's a long time since I last did that - but that feeling never goes away !

The face of the wheel is polished rather than painted which I would think will make it more difficult to repair - but it should be do-able none the less. Perhaps will need to be skimmed on a lathe though as I'm not sure it can be filled or hand sanded ?

Looking at mine, the edge of the front alloys stand proud of the (Pirelli) tyre whereas the back ones sit further in and are better protected by the tyre 'rim protector' thingy. I'm assuming they are all like that - but it does seem odd that the fronts and rears don't protrude similarly. There isn't really any protection from kerbs on the front. Unless that is just mine ! I wonder whether other tyre makes offer better protection ?

These machined and lacquered alloys look great - but are a bit of a nightmare I think.
2016 XE-S 340

Return to “Members Gallery”