XE-S Collection Day!

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
Renesis

Re: XE-S Collection Day!

Post by Renesis » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:14 pm

I think it was a company called wizard wheels or something like that. All arranged through the alloy insurance, although I have waited nearly 2 months which I wasn’t pleased about!

Just needs a good wash now to get her looking pretty again.
XE-S MY15 340PS
Santorini Black, 20” Propellers, Black Pack, Pan Roof, ACC, HUD, Winter Pack, Lighting Pack,18 Way Seats.

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:42 pm

I took Alloy insurance, and used once within a couple of months, took a couple of months to finally get to me, then in July last year even after all my careful 'keeping away from kerbs' I had to put another claim in, did it on line through app, got an email within a week to say claim had been acccepted, and I would hear from someone, well I waited until mid September, and then rang them, they could find no record of claim, despite me having email, so they made a new claim, finally got a text to say they would come out to me on the 12th December, well that passed with no sign of them, so rang repairers, they agreed it was booked to do, but no technician had been assigned to it, he said he would rebook, but couldn't give me a date, just said it would be in the new year, well January nearly over, and I haven't heard anything yet, so I will make no further comment :evil:
and yes original repair was very well done.

PS love the car Renesis
2016 XF Portfolio in British Racing Green. previous 2016 XE R-Sport in Italian Racing Red

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Wasn't wicked wheels by any chance was it? (A guy called Craig)
That's who's doing mine next week as my usual repair company can't fit me in for 2 weeks.

I think the longest I've ever waited for a wheel repair is 2 weeks - I usually book it in with whoever can do it soonest then have them invoice the insurers. Saves waiting for the insurance company to drag their feet and book something.
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm

PaulC wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:46 pm
Wasn't wicked wheels by any chance was it? (A guy called Craig)
That's who's doing mine next week as my usual repair company can't fit me in for 2 weeks.

I think the longest I've ever waited for a wheel repair is 2 weeks - I usually book it in with whoever can do it soonest then have them invoice the insurers. Saves waiting for the insurance company to drag their feet and book something.
Didn't realise you could take that route, I will give it a shot, Thanks PaulC
2016 XF Portfolio in British Racing Green. previous 2016 XE R-Sport in Italian Racing Red

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Repairman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm
Of course it depends who your insurer is and you need to log the claim with them first, but I've never had an issue doing it that way on wheels and paintwork scratches (mine are with Aequitas Automotive). Usually the repairer will give them a call to confirm their approval before starting work - usually whilst you make them a cup of tea!

Same with your general motor insurance - you can opt to have your vehicle repaired at a garage of your choice, you don't have to go with who your insurer suggests.
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:41 pm

PaulC wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:36 pm
Repairman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm
Of course it depends who your insurer is and you need to log the claim with them first, but I've never had an issue doing it that way on wheels and paintwork scratches (mine are with Aequitas Automotive). Usually the repairer will give them a call to confirm their approval before starting work - usually whilst you make them a cup of tea!

Same with your general motor insurance - you can opt to have your vehicle repaired at a garage of your choice, you don't have to go with who your insurer suggests.
My Alloy insurance is with Autoprotect Smart Claims

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:57 am

I think I will try that approach next time. I hate waiting around for repairs.

No it was definitely wizard something.
XE-S MY15 340PS
Santorini Black, 20” Propellers, Black Pack, Pan Roof, ACC, HUD, Winter Pack, Lighting Pack,18 Way Seats.

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:55 am

Well I didn’t have to wait long!
Same wheel as well!! But the wife’s fault this time

B28FF88C-321F-405C-B2C6-7FA124810A38.jpeg

XE-S MY15 340PS

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:25 pm

I am going to try these and see if they help, because no matter how careful I am, I still manage to clip a kerb with a protruding edge

s-l500.jpg

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:02 pm

Repairman (R) don't waste your money. My next door neighbour had them fitted to her Merc AMG and managed to damage all the wheels even with them on. She did the same with her previous car an Audi. The Mercedes dealer told her they were dangerous as the bead seal is not secure with them fitted to any car wheel. (G)
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Return to “Members Gallery”