Project Redrum

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
BRC

Re: Project Redrum

Post by BRC » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:42 am

Always amazes me how a seemingly modest change on wheel spacing can have a dramatic affect on the look/stance of a car. Sorely tempted to do exactly the same but I can see what you mean about 15 mm probably being a better fit on the front. I also presume there has been no discernible effect on the handling characteristics?
XE Portfolio now replaced by an XF R Sport and a Z4 garage queen!

Snailedit

Post by Snailedit » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:53 am

BRC wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:42 am
Always amazes me how a seemingly modest change on wheel spacing can have a dramatic affect on the look/stance of a car. Sorely tempted to do exactly the same but I can see what you mean about 15 mm probably being a better fit on the front. I also presume there has been no discernible effect on the handling characteristics?
So far no issues with handling or the ride quality. I still havent done any spirited driving but everything in town driving seems great so far.

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:45 am

Snailedit wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:16 am
147daytona wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:35 am
This may be a daft question but why would you have to shorten the studs for the 15mm spacers and not the 20mm?
I would have thought the standard studs would be to short for 15mm already and even shorter still for the 20mm, or am I missing something?

I used Hub Centric spacers like these.

20190322_155615.jpg
Ah, I see. Thank you for enlightening me on those, it all makes sense now :)
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Snailedit wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:51 pm
Renesis wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:34 pm
Snailedit wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Yes, I am not huge on Carbon Fiber either but I am going to give it a try with just a few well place carbon fiber pieces. They do make that quad valance in matte black fyi.
Oh right I’ve not seen that is it on eBay?

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out so plenty of pictures please 😀
No but the link is below and it comes in matte black. I contacted the seller and they sent me a picture of the matte color it would be if I went that route but in the end I decide on the Carbon Fibeer. As soon as I get it, I'll take plenty of pics!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JC-Styl ... 36f9xaHepc
Noticed that the black one is slightly cheaper £159 delivered!

Do you think it’s possible to cut the original valence and make good the edges at a body shop to make room for the tail pipes?

Does it look like the original pipes need to be cut to fit those on?
XE-S MY15 340PS
Santorini Black, 20” Propellers, Black Pack, Pan Roof, ACC, HUD, Winter Pack, Lighting Pack,18 Way Seats.

Snailedit

Post by Snailedit » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:12 pm

Renesis wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:45 pm
Snailedit wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:51 pm
Renesis wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Oh right I’ve not seen that is it on eBay?

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out so plenty of pictures please 😀
No but the link is below and it comes in matte black. I contacted the seller and they sent me a picture of the matte color it would be if I went that route but in the end I decide on the Carbon Fibeer. As soon as I get it, I'll take plenty of pics!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JC-Styl ... 36f9xaHepc
Noticed that the black one is slightly cheaper £159 delivered!

Do you think it’s possible to cut the original valence and make good the edges at a body shop to make room for the tail pipes?

Does it look like the original pipes need to be cut to fit those on?
Cutting plastic without making it look rough might be hard. It could be done but I think the matte black one might be the best option if you want to save money and keep a stockish look. And no the quads will not fit the stock outlets as is.

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:31 pm

It’s not the cost particularly, I’m just not sure on the look of the quad valance but I really like the standard one.
Might have a word with the body shop and see what’s possible. I’ve seen the cut out for the deployable towbar on our Volvo and that isn’t a clean cut but it’s only visible when your underneath the car.

I always thought the S trim should of had quads because the other petrols 240/250 models also get the twin outlets so there’s nothing to make the S stand out. But maybe they saved the quads for the Project 8.

Can’t wait for the photos!
XE-S MY15 340PS
Santorini Black, 20” Propellers, Black Pack, Pan Roof, ACC, HUD, Winter Pack, Lighting Pack,18 Way Seats.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:40 am

Snailedit , can you tell me if on the after picture of the front's are the tyres proud of the wheel arch at the top? in the UK that is illegal, you would have to have wheel arch extensions fitted, the tyre must be inside of the wheel arch.
Jaguar XE R-Dynamic S 180 Portofino blue with white interior replaced Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather

Snailedit

Post by Snailedit » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Domfow wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:40 am
Snailedit , can you tell me if on the after picture of the front's are the tyres proud of the wheel arch at the top? in the UK that is illegal, you would have to have wheel arch extensions fitted, the tyre must be inside of the wheel arch.

From the top they are flush

Snailedit

Post by Snailedit » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:23 am

Domfow wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:40 am

pixlr_20190415190803083.jpg

Snailedit

Post by Snailedit » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:45 am

Weather has been bad lately but finally got a chance to wash the car and of course I had to take a couple of quick pictures. Nothing special about the pictures but this one stood out to me, one day I'll get a couple of good back drop picture soon!

20190415_181921.jpg

Return to “Members Gallery”