Standing on the runway, waiting for take-off!

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
vitoman58

Re: Standing on the runway, waiting for take-off!

Post by vitoman58 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:39 am

Gojira wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:21 am

Firm right boot (NOT all the way to the floor), it dropped down a gear and took off like someone had stuck a pin in it's backside! :mrgreen:
Fantastic. Had a similar experience myself. Just waiting for everything to bed in before I give it another go. Just keep an eye out for blue lights ;)
Steve
R-Sport 250ps, Firenze Red, Black Pack, 825w Meridian ICTP, Adaptive+Configurable Dynamics, IDD

rich_959

Post by rich_959 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 am

Lovely car, enjoy!

I must ask a question.... how come the link in your signature is to a website for a pair of trainers?
XE S. Loire Blue. Lots of toys, but even more noise :D

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:08 am

Congratulations,car looks great. Having worked in your area of Sandwell for a couple of decades and " lost" a Beemer and a Toyota to the feral locals I suggest purchasing a very obvious and substantial steering wheel lock as the new car will attract attention very soon.....

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:17 am

rich_959 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 am
I must ask a question.... how come the link in your signature is to a website for a pair of trainers?
I'm afraid that is to do with the advertising on here which will sometimes highlight a random word or phrase in blue and create a link to another website.
If it looks out of place in the middle of a sentence then it probably is just advertising.
Current: 2017 XE S 380, Storm grey Pics black pack and a few more bits.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:45 am

Gojira wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:28 pm

The juice consumption is worse round town than the Insignia was, but everything else about it is much better - surprise surprise!
I found pretty much the same with the 300 (when i really play), but 'Oh yes, its worth it' :D over twice the power for a small trade off of mpg. :roll:
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Ok, so I'm almost half-way through my second tank of super unleaded now, and I'm over half way to my first thousand miles :D

It's not as good as I expected - it is -much- better :lol:

The only problem is that the Dunlops are ludicrously noisy at about 78mph (indicated) on some types of motorway surface - it seemed to be particularly bad on the M40 coming back from the breakfast meet this morning.

I'm reasonably sure that the Eagle F1 Assymetrics on my last few Vauxhalls were much quieter :o

There is an obvious solution to that problem, but SWMBO will complain if I start doing donuts in the parking area over the road :mrgreen:

I haven't worked out what most of the buttons do, but I'm pretty sure Eco mode doesn't do what it says on the label!

Drove out to Halfords this afternoon, to collect some cleaning supplies, and tried Eco on the way there, and dynamic on the way back.

Am I supposed to get better mpg in dynamic? Not that I'm complaining, you understand!

Oh, and if I had a pound for everyone at work who has said "That's a really impressive blue!" it would almost pay for a tank of petrol...
A Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Some motorways seem to have a noisier surface than other. The M54 used to be particularly bad. When it was first built it had a rather noisy surface to drive on, it seemed to resonate or something, almost a roaring noise. The first time I drove on it in a mini (many years ago), I actually pulled over on the hard shoulder as I was convinced I had a flat tyre!
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, plus loads of extras.

Colt

Post by Colt » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:07 pm

Lovely colour. I’m guessing your happy. Well worth the wait.
XE R-Sport Santorini black 200ps petrol. Black pack, privacy rear windows, advanced park assist, heated screen, 10 way heated electric seats, power fold door mirrors. First mod black jack valve caps!! :lol:

Return to “Members Gallery”