She's looking good!

Post pictures of your Jaguar XE here
lryder

She's looking good!

Post by lryder » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:11 pm

All,

New wheels are on, windows tinted and a little chrome on the door handles. She's not done yet but it's a good start!

download/file.php?mode=view&id=7440

download/file.php?mode=view&id=7439

Jag #3.jpg

Jag #2.jpg

Lisa
2017 White Jaguar XE 20d AWD Cold weather package, sunroof, parking assist, tinted windows, tan leather interior.

BruceTheQuail

Re: She's looking good!

Post by BruceTheQuail » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:54 pm

Those wheels are really nice, and the car looks great with the black contrast. What else is to come?
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

lryder

Post by lryder » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 pm

I did some interior cosmetic mods that I'll post soon. The next step I think is to black out the red tail lights. And dare I say that I have thought about putting a leaper on the hood, but still not sure. It's pricey and permanent so that may have to wait. These wheels cost me a small fortune so I am going to have to be patient with my next steps!
Lisa
2017 White Jaguar XE 20d AWD Cold weather package, sunroof, parking assist, tinted windows, tan leather interior.

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:35 pm

I think the wheels were worth it, personally. With other visual mods I've done, I debadged my car and sprayed the leaper black and just put that back on (maybe with the chrome on your car that might not be an enhancement?) and on the XE I wrapped the front spoiler in black between the pretend air vents. If I was to do it now, I'd probably use plastidip which goes on easier although you have to mask and cover everything well as it gets everywhere.

I'd post a pic, but I dont know how to resize the images!

lryder

Post by lryder » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:49 am

BruceTheQual...sounds awesome. I'd just post the pic. I mean for me mine shows up side down. So I went ahead and saved it upside down so it would show right side up and it still didn't work. Makes me crazy! Glad you like the wheels. Me too.
Every time I went to my car before I changed them I would just sigh. Now I'm like" oh wow, love this car!"
Lisa

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:18 am

Here you go. This was really easy to do in black satin wrap, but I think plastidip would be easier. I like it but I'm not sure whether my wife noticed or not. She caught me trying to wrap the blades in black and I received a red card for that.

XE resized.jpg

BRC

Post by BRC » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:38 am

lryder wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:11 pm
All,

New wheels are on, windows tinted and a little chrome on the door handles. She's not done yet but it's a good start!
Well worth it after the aggravation you initially went through. Out of interest what wheels are they, presumably after market?
XE Portfolio as a daily driver and Z4 because I still can!

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:12 am

I think that you will find the problem "may" be that your car is fitted with the larger brake discs (rotors) and so several wheel options are unsuitable.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

colonie

Post by colonie » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 pm

BruceTheQuail wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:18 am
Here you go. This was really easy to do in black satin wrap, but I think plastidip would be easier. I like it but I'm not sure whether my wife noticed or not. She caught me trying to wrap the blades in black and I received a red card for that.
That's an interesting idea! Looks good. Thanks for the picture, might consider trying this on mine.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:27 pm

BRC wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:38 am
Well worth it after the aggravation you initially went through. Out of interest what wheels are they, presumably after market?
Those look like the black Radiance alloys that were an option previously (not on the current configurator).
First post on here plus a few more further on.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1201
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Return to “Members Gallery”