Jaguar XE Forum banner

Finally Arrived

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Alanqs 
#1 ·
At last. The exterior looks as good as I hoped it would but the interior is even better than I hoped. The photos won't do it justice but I'll get better ones soon. I've only had it for 8 hours!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Lovely, the ivory leather is very nice. I have been driving ours for the past week while my daily is being chavved up even more, it is quite hard to get out of and the harder you drive it the better it gets.

#5 ·
Beautiful! Enjoy it. I'm still waiting for mine 😊.

#6 ·
Glad your dream drive has arrived, if like me you'll have trouble parking up and leaving it alone :lol:, had mine coming up for three months and the great news is the MPG is going up noticeably as I approach the 2k miles covered, got 42.1 mpg on a 19 mile journey yesterday! Your car looks classy with the chrome trim and 5 spoke alloys- great choice enjoy

#7 ·
Thanks Gents. I've seen comments on here where some would prefer the gloss black trim rather than the "chrome" but I was pretty sure that, on Caldera Red, the chrome would stand out in a good way and I'm not a great fan of black or grey wheels and didn't want diamond turned finish either so these wheels would pop out against the red as well, and would be easier to fix when the inevitable road rash happens.

#8 ·
I referenced it in my first post but I can't download my contacts/address list to the car from my Nokia 8. Would anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong?

#9 ·
Have you checked the official Jaguar connectivity website to confirm that the Nokia 8 is a compatible phone?

#10 ·
Yes. The only Nokia listed is the Nokia 9 Pure view. It seems odd in this day and age that a vanilla Android implementation doesn't work. It worked fine with my last BMW. However the listed phones are only the ones Jaguar have tested, as far as I can see. Jaguar Remote works and I can receive calls, just can't see any contacts so I can't make calls legally.

#11 ·
Alanqs said:
I referenced it in my first post but I can't download my contacts/address list to the car from my Nokia 8. Would anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong?
This has appeared before with a new car and no contacts being loaded.
Try starting the car and wait until the bluetooth on your phone has connected.
Then go into the settings on your phone for the XE bluetooth connection.
You may find that you have to switch on "sharing contacts" in the settings.

#13 ·
When I drove off after taking this picture of my car with my son's F-Type, my 'phone suddenly made some beeping noises. I stopped, looked at it, no messages or notifications but something made me look at my contacts on the car's screen. Lo and behold, my contacts have been downloaded. Weird, coming out of the blue, one week after getting it.
(Excuse for a gratuitous photo:) )

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.