Jaguar XE Forum banner

An unknown cat on my cat!

8K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
He has good taste for his preferred seat!!

#3 ·
He looks very disappointed in you

#4 ·
I was going to suggest a shotgun but that might be counter-productive.
A well-aimed jet from a hose will remove the smug-faced, furry little sh*t.

G
#5 ·
Contrary to popular beliefs cats will not scratch the car when jumping up as they land on their pads a soft part of the paws. Chasing them off quickly will most likely make them extend their claws and possibly then, leave small scratches which will usually polish out. They are not daft either as the car is probably warm and a nice place to sit being higher up to watch the birds. They are great ornithologists and murderers. Our cat always has plenty of food and rarely chases them. :lol:
View attachment 6134

Attachments

#7 ·
I've got a neighbours cat that likes to sit on mine. Which I try to gently shoo off. A previous car had paintwork damaged by a cat, along with the windscreen. I kid you not!

#8 ·
...not a big fan of cats tbh, where we lived previously we had a big problem with them and they did scratch my last car quite a bit which led to a bit of friction with the neighbours, not to mention the cr*p everywhere, dug up flower borders, dead birds and mice etc etc. I got those 'sonic' cat deterrants installed but they were pretty useless...

G
#12 ·
Mitchbitch said:
Thanks guys for your feline reply's - the weird thing was I have never ever seen it, and it just sat a glared at me, as if he had squatters rights! :lol:
From what I understand about cat's stares, they are doing it to ask for something nice from you and to attract your attention. If you stare back at it then it will give up and go away. Be prepared for a 5+ minutes stare.

#13 ·
Cats are just freeloaders.
Don't be taken in by the purring and lovey-dovey eyes.
Stop feeding them and they will go elsewhere and find someone who will.

G
#15 ·
Correct, that is how our cat found us. We have had many cats about the place for over 45 years now in various times. Some were absolute hooligans and others very affectionate. One was so bonkers he got called Rambo. He would have your hand off in seconds. One we had "Ginger" was sat on the front drive when a bloody nuisance of a barking dog came right up to him barking. Out went his paw with claws extended and the dog went off yelping. Ginger just sat there as if nothing had happened. Our current furry friend sits outside with me when I am washing the car or gardening. However she bolts when the mower goes on. At present she is in her boudoir upstairs. :lol:

G
#16 ·
Gojira said:
Dogs have owners, cats have servants....
How true. :lol: :lol: She will stop doing anything naughty after being told just once though and I am sure she understands human noises like "chicken" "no" "Biccys" and quite a few other terms. I told her to have a lie on her seat on the sofa (covered for her in that spot) I got what actually sounded like NO and off she went outside.

#17 ·
Vespa said:
Contrary to popular beliefs cats will not scratch the car when jumping up as they land on their pads a soft part of the paws.
But as I found out many years ago, if they jump up onto the same corner of the car regularly, those little soft pads will gradually wear the paint away, and if you leave the sunroof open when the car is in a garage to which the cat has overnight access, a corner of the rear seat will get a cushion of cat hair build up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.