Jaguar XE Forum banner

Washed mine today

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  WhoRu 
#1 ·
Got the XE-S washed today - had done almost 1700 miles before a wash during the cold and rainy weather so decided to get the buckets out as soon as it'd hit 8 degrees

Products used - carchem 1900:1 shampoo, autosmart smart wheels, APC, autoglanz rebound for the tyres, detailedonline glass coat, turtle wax dry and shine, sonax bsd. Left the tyres nice and bare this time as they get so dirty this time of year anyway. Left the exhausts for the spring time!

See less See more
#4 ·
It didn't look too bad for 1700 miles of use but the end result is good.

One thing that really bugs me though is the illegal spacing on the number plate, what is the point?

#6 ·
147daytona said:
It didn't look too bad for 1700 miles of use but the end result is good.

One thing that really bugs me though is the illegal spacing on the number plate, what is the point?
The space really bugs me....

So I terminated it :D

TBF it wasnt too bad as it was sealed before the winter so most of the dirt and crap has come off in the rain and on motorway mileage

#10 ·
rayaans said:
WhoRu said:
Quick Question - Do you change the plate for an MOT, or do they pass it with the missing spacing on the plate?
I just change it over for a generic one that I have. Pretty easy with the number plate holders too
It raises the question then of whether a car with illegal plates is running around uninsured or not. The general conditions of my own insurance would suggest my insurer could cancel my policy in the event of a claim if my car is unroadworthy. I guess if it can't pass an MOT, it isn't deemed roadworthy. I'm not taking the chance. I'll keep the correct spacing.

#11 ·
WhoRu said:
rayaans said:
WhoRu said:
Quick Question - Do you change the plate for an MOT, or do they pass it with the missing spacing on the plate?
I just change it over for a generic one that I have. Pretty easy with the number plate holders too
It raises the question then of whether a car with illegal plates is running around uninsured or not. The general conditions of my own insurance would suggest my insurer could cancel my policy in the event of a claim if my car is unroadworthy. I guess if it can't pass an MOT, it isn't deemed roadworthy. I'm not taking the chance. I'll keep the correct spacing.
Had plenty of claims on other cars. They don't look at the plates they just ask for the registration. Never been a problem. It's like they wouldn't reject a claim for a smeary wiper yet it won't pass mot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.