Starting is Intermittent and SOS Warning.

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Riggy

Starting is Intermittent and SOS Warning.

Post by Riggy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:15 pm

I recently purchased a 2015 XE and had no issues after initial purchase. I mention this as I am not suggesting I bought the issue with the car as it all worked fine.

So the issue that has developed is the problem starting the car. I press the start button and initially everything lights up, the Rev counter and Speedo all go to the right other warning lights come on then nothing. I have to keep trying until it eventually starts. This can take up to 25+ attempts where as other times it’s only a couple. It’s worse when it’s been left a while. I have read various posts on here and; changed the battery, replaced fob keys, tried pressing start button before applying brake etc.

The additional issue that might be linked is the SOS notImage[/img] warning keeps coming on. See pictures. The AA ran a diagnostics that said the engine was not recognising the key. I tried both keys and as I said replaced batteries. I welcome in advance any suggestions. It’s in the garage now but they are struggling also.

378CADE2-72B7-4C6D-975B-454D9C81FF7B.jpeg

3EA94D9A-D563-4993-A331-05F7D5C34EF5.jpeg

lexie

Re: Starting is Intermittent and SOS Warning.

Post by lexie » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm

Main earth strap connection, corroded or weak?
R-Sport 200ps Ammonite grey, parking pack, split fold rear seats, space saver, 14 way seats

Jeff123

Post by Jeff123 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:05 pm

I take it that your car is in either a Jaguar main dealer or a Jaguar independent? IMO hard-to-find issues are better dealt with by someone with experience of the marque.
XE R-Dynamic 180d Eiger Grey MY20

DaveXF

Post by DaveXF » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:23 am

You can try the thinkdiag tool, i can see you are from the uk so this is probably your best site to buy from https://thinkdiag.co.uk this tool is made by launch and has really good support for the jaguar. It supports enhanced code reading but also bi-directional control, live data. So with the actuation tests and you should be able to pinpoint to problem.

You can take a look here to see all the supported modules and what can be accessed special function wise on these modules. https://qcar.x431.com/newqcar/carDes?la ... ar&pdtStr=

I think without a professional tool you will need to take to main dealer or a garage that has a good piece of kit.

Riggy

Post by Riggy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 am

Thanks for the responses, the car is with an Independent Jaguar Approved Dealer. I did not book it in to save money (although this would be a bonus) and at this time I have no issues with the garage, it was just that the Jaguar Main Dealer could not book it in for a month. I wanted it sorted before then just in case I would cause further issues. The garage has updated the software having run a diagnostics. At the moment his suspicion is the battery in the telematics has gone down (means nothing to me). It's clearly a case of ruling things out. I just wanted any additional thoughts on what it might be from the Forum.

Riggy

Post by Riggy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 am

I forgot to say, I had a diagnostics report from the AA which read:

The following fault code/s:System : Central electronics system - 68R / Central electronics CE 4.4 Status :U2300 - Central configuration. Error Message: Calibration fault. Error static. POSSIBLE SOFTWARE FAULT \WEAK KEY TRANSPONDER

Again, I changed the main car battery and all key fob batteries.

Faltwen

Post by Faltwen » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:55 am

Some info here.
viewtopic.php?t=8530
2016 Jaguar XE Prestige 20T in Bluefire.

Unfortunately she's had to go so I'm an ex XE owner.

Did have two X Types, a 2.5L then a 2.2L Auto with the dreaded DPF. No more DPF's for me.

Davejag

Post by Davejag » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:26 pm

Have you tried holding the key on the steering column when starting? There are marks provided that show you where to hold it.

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:03 pm

I think you might find this post very interesting: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9590&p=107598&hili ... er#p107598
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual, 40/20/40 Folding Seats. Heated s/wheel

2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

Riggy

Post by Riggy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:05 pm

Thank you for your posts everyone.

The car is back, not fixed as the mechanics wife has Covid (wishing her a full and speedy recovery). What’s clear as I read the lists and case files is that this is complexed and in order to get it sorted I will go to the Jaguar main dealers garage next week. The one I used previously was Jaguar approved. I will update hopefully when the problem is identified and fixed. Fearing the worse ££££££