Independent Jaguar Specialists

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar XE
User avatar
Nuttyspark
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:05 pm
Location: Southport

Re: Independent Jaguar Specialists

Post by Nuttyspark » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 pm

That's interesting, I have just had a 48 month service and the technician recommended that I get my brake fluid changed and that this was an "additional item and I recommended it be done today"??? :cry:
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

Indianajons
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Location: Peak District, UK

Re: Independent Jaguar Specialists

Post by Indianajons » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:59 pm

Nuttyspark wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 pm
That's interesting, I have just had a 48 month service and the technician recommended that I get my brake fluid changed and that this was an "additional item and I recommended it be done today"??? :cry:
Common sales pitch nowadays.... been driving for over 50 years and have never had the brake fluid changed on any car I’ve owned, unless doing a full brake system refurb.
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

User avatar
Nuttyspark
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:05 pm
Location: Southport

Re: Independent Jaguar Specialists

Post by Nuttyspark » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:41 pm

Indianajons wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:59 pm
Nuttyspark wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 pm
That's interesting, I have just had a 48 month service and the technician recommended that I get my brake fluid changed and that this was an "additional item and I recommended it be done today"??? :cry:
Common sales pitch nowadays.... been driving for over 50 years and have never had the brake fluid changed on any car I’ve owned, unless doing a full brake system refurb.
Hi Indi.

That wasn't my point. The 48 month service illustrated shows brake fluid change included, yet mine was offered as an extra! :?
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

Indianajons
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Location: Peak District, UK

Re: Independent Jaguar Specialists

Post by Indianajons » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:02 pm

Nuttyspark wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:41 pm
Indianajons wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:59 pm
Nuttyspark wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 pm
That's interesting, I have just had a 48 month service and the technician recommended that I get my brake fluid changed and that this was an "additional item and I recommended it be done today"??? :cry:
Common sales pitch nowadays.... been driving for over 50 years and have never had the brake fluid changed on any car I’ve owned, unless doing a full brake system refurb.
Hi Indi.

That wasn't my point. The 48 month service illustrated shows brake fluid change included, yet mine was offered as an extra! :?
I think you’ll find it’s check/replace brake fluid, nuttyspark.... the check is included but replacement is extra
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

RoJo
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 pm
Location: West coast of Scotland

Re: Independent Jaguar Specialists

Post by RoJo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:17 pm

I had my 48k/36month service last July and the brake fluid change was included. £461.33 including MOT
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

User avatar
Fighterpilot
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:48 am
Location: NW

Re: Independent Jaguar Specialists

Post by Fighterpilot » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:55 am

If you have a look at your online service history the brake fluid change is an extra along with at 6 years the flexible brake hoses. The fluid change is around £65. Why it should be an extra I don't know, but other makers charge for it seperately as well.
R Sport 180D 2015

Davejag
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:13 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Independent Jaguar Specialists

Post by Davejag » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 am

I recently had a 36 month service and it definitely states "brake fluid renewal", although I am 99% sure they did not.

Geoffscat
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:13 pm
Location: UK/Chippenham

Re: Independent Jaguar Specialists

Post by Geoffscat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:01 am

If I could clock up 60,000 + miles in the next couple of weeks could I have the 80,000 miles service instead ?

RoJo
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 pm
Location: West coast of Scotland

Re: Independent Jaguar Specialists

Post by RoJo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:18 am

You can have whatever service you want. As long as it has the essential components done for mileage/age. It's your money :)

My service sheet states brake fluid renewal and I've been charged for fluid within the service cost.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

Post Reply