Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar XE
RMC14366

Re: Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Post by RMC14366 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:56 am

Bluefire65 - each time it has been in they have checked and said battery was very slightly down on charge and have fully charged it again. They have tried to come up with all sorts of excuses re short journeys, lights/heaters on etc etc. The
Set time i told them wasn't happy with just having it recharged as it should recharge itself so they "reprogrammed" something and it worked faultlessly for about 4/5 weeks. Sorry but JLR don't seem to know what they are doing!

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:18 pm

RMC14366 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:56 am
Bluefire65 - each time it has been in they have checked and said battery was very slightly down on charge and have fully charged it again. They have tried to come up with all sorts of excuses re short journeys, lights/heaters on etc etc. The
Set time i told them wasn't happy with just having it recharged as it should recharge itself so they "reprogrammed" something and it worked faultlessly for about 4/5 weeks. Sorry but JLR don't seem to know what they are doing!
I was informed that 87% charge is the point when S/S packs up working. There was a Battery management module update which seems you have had done. Although it seems a JLR problem I know several Audi and Mercedes owners who have similar problems and they, like me, do not drive longer distances. I have written many times about a fix but that is also no permanent. The sad thing is that the alternator is controlled by the BMU and does not always give charge to the battery until a certain point is reached. This is to make emissions less. Another trade off for ECO efficiency I am afraid.
R Sport 180 in Bluefire with loads of extras. ;)

irishtaff

Post by irishtaff » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:14 pm

A bit off topic but I noticed the other day that when I left the engine running for about 15 mins or so the ignition switched it off. Wondered if this is a safety/economy feature ?
Prestige 2.0D MY16 180 IRR, Manual, Light Oyster,Sunroof, !8" Matrix silver wheels, Nav, Lighting Pack, Towbar, Rev assist, Spare wheel, Folding mirrors, and rear seats, Meridian Audio. (+ Skoda exhaust trim )

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Who knows?? The mysteries of stop start.
R Sport 180 in Bluefire with loads of extras. ;)

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Has anyone got access to topix doc JTB00492v3 published 9th November, mine has stopped working again, despite regen charge
XE R Sport 180 2.0D in Italian Racing Red

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Repairman wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:29 pm
Has anyone got access to topix doc JTB00492v3 published 9th November, mine has stopped working again, despite regen charge
No, but I queried it with dealer and was told it applied to Diesel vehicles only.

RMC, I went through had pretty much same experience up until last service in November, at which time they informed me that they now had a bench test to determine whether Jaguar would authorise replacement. They did test and replaced battery.
Portfolio 240PS: Bluefire, Gloss black side vents and exhaust tips, Sienna Tan, 18" Star 5 spoke wheels, Surround Cameras plus bits and bobs.

RMC14366

Post by RMC14366 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:31 pm

Have had car back at the Jaguar Belfast for 4th time and hey presto new battery authorised by Jaguar! 1 week down and appears to be working (so far)

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 am

My Cat going in on the 8th Jan to have a look at Stop/Start, as it hasn't worked for several weeks now, and battery monitor shows good charge (95% plus)
XE R Sport 180 2.0D in Italian Racing Red

Return to “Faults & Technical”