Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar XE
Vespa

Re: Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Post by Vespa » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Done on old battery and it didn't work on that as it still failed after a few days. Now with new battery from Feb at a higher Ah it never fails to work and even works before the engine gets fully warmed.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Why try a kill off the most popular subject on this forum? I would like to guess that most forum members have submitted something on here. Oh! by the way, I had a new battery fitted in May this year by the dealer and the s/s worked for about three months. Since then it has given up the ghost, despite me regularly charging the battery. From the latest posts here it seems like another trip back to the dealer to get it checked out, software up-date etc.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Bazzamf wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:58 pm
Why try a kill off the most popular subject on this forum? I would like to guess that most forum members have submitted something on here. Oh! by the way, I had a new battery fitted in May this year by the dealer and the s/s worked for about three months. Since then it has given up the ghost, despite me regularly charging the battery. From the latest posts here it seems like another trip back to the dealer to get it checked out, software up-date etc.
Not killing it off but what have we learned since I politely "suggested" calling a halt on the 11th July ?
Two members confirming that the software update has fixed theirs which we knew already and had been posted several times before that.
All the information is in here and I see nothing to be gained in any further postings.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Return to “Faults & Technical”