Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar XE
ShaneXES

Re: Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Post by ShaneXES » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Re the loaner car i too have been asked for 12 quid for a day however will challenge when i book it in as our insurance should cover it?

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Check the insurance small print first.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Vespa wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:05 am
UV Blue wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 am
Mine's going back in end of June - they said they will replace the battery responsible for the s/s. They need it for the day so I have to have a courtesy car for which they will charge me £12.00 admin per day. It's a 70 mile round trip. This will be the 2nd time it's going in for the s/s. Getting fed up with it now :x
What is the £12 admin for? I have never had to pay for a loan car not just from Jaguar but also from MG Rover and VW. Your insurance will usually cover you fully comp for their car whilst yours is in for repairs or service. I would query that one and ask why. There is only one battery and that is in the boot so mark it in some way to make sure it's replaced. My S/S is working fully again as the car has been out every day recently.
I always have to pay £10 admin for a loan car, the service representative has to carry out a number of checks (driving license, fill out loan agreement forms) and as a service these are chargeable on top of the standard service charge.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:05 pm

Well I have never been asked for any service charge payment so must have a good dealer.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Vespa wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:05 pm
Well I have never been asked for any service charge payment so must have a good dealer.
yes!! ...here's a cut and paste from the dealer, this via email to me...

If you have requested a courtesy car there is a £12 per day administration fee and we can take care of the insurance for you. Insurance excess applies regardless.
Should you have any questions prior to your appointment please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

[name removed for privacy]
General Aftersales Manager
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 pm

When my car went in for a service, it was made clear to me that the £10 charge for a courtesy car was to cover the insurance. It could be waved if my insurance was fully comp for the use on other cars. I checked my policy and as I thought I was only covered for third party when driving a car not owned by me, so I paid up. I must confess I have never paid before but HoHum!!!
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:57 pm

Only had my 200ps in for the fuel line safety recall but no mention of any charge at all by my dealer. Just filled in a day insurance form and had the fuel recorded to return at the same level. No charge at all from my dealer.

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 pm

I have never been charged, and my dealer does not seem to worry about fuel, although out of courtesy I do tend to try and send it back with same amount in tank, I have noticed on paperwork that the excess is quite extreme at £750
XE R Sport 180 2.0D in Italian Racing Red

Sniper3615

Post by Sniper3615 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Sniper3615 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:43 pm
Mine initially worked fine for the first 4 months of ownership, then stopped for 1 month. It went in to Jaguar for 2 days, and it came back working perfectly. Then after 2 weeks it completely stopped working again. Back to Jaguar again, and when it came back it was perfect. Then 2 weeks later it stopped again. It's not worked since, and the car is 11 months old. It's being looked at for a third time next month, when it goes in for its first service, to look at the digital dash occasionally going blank, the 10.2 inch touch screen occasionally going all red and nothing else, and finally for a second recall, this time for the potential that the car can catch fire. Let's see how long the stop start works for this time.
So an update with my XE, it went in for a third time for various issues, including the start stop issue. They said it's been reset etc and it's showing ok, from the second I picked it up until now 4 weeks later I can confirm it has not once worked, at all!

I might try a different dealer rather than Guy Salmon, they give me a horrible courtesy car, use all my fuel taking it out on runs to test it, and it comes back no different. Just a waste of time, they clearly don't know what they are doing. Might try the dealer in Leicester rather than Coventry, and see what they say.
Jaguar XE R-Sport 2.0 i4 Ingenium 25t MY18, Caesium Blue, Ebony/Blue Taurus Sports Leather, ICT Pro 380 with Digital Instrument Cluster, Active Safety Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lighting Pack, Parking Pack, Configurable Dynamics

irishtaff

Post by irishtaff » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Mine hasn't worked for 3 years...except a couple of times at traffic lights, when it caught me out, I thought I must have stalled it.
My wife won't drive it she says it's unnecessarily complicated, and has a fear that it would catch her out one day..hates the parking brake too.
I have some sympathy...
Prestige 2.0D MY16 180 IRR, Manual, Light Oyster,Sunroof, !8" Matrix silver wheels, Nav, Lighting Pack, Towbar, Rev assist, Spare wheel, Folding mirrors, and rear seats, Meridian Audio. (+ Skoda exhaust trim )

Return to “Faults & Technical”