Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar XE
PhilB

Re: Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Post by PhilB » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:04 am

Vespa wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 am
A new alert on TOPIX JTB00664v3 "Auto stop/start system does not function as expected" Anyone with Topix subscription can you have a look please?
Looks like an updated version (v3 ?) of the February one which was JTB00664NAS2.
But it would be nice to see the details if anyone has full access and can post them.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Dendip

Post by Dendip » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:16 am

Somewhere in this thread a member has reported that Ctek themselves do not recommend using regeneration on our AGM batteries. ???
XES 340. IRR with Black/White interior. Previous: S Type SE and XF Portfolio. All a delight to own!

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:23 am

Dendip wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:16 am
Somewhere in this thread a member has reported that Ctek themselves do not recommend using regeneration on our AGM batteries. ???
Yes it was mentioned.
Personally I think they are not the solution for stop start.
I think it is software related with regards to the modules etc.
I am still on the original 80ah battery after 2 years and after a software update to another system in the car my S/S has worked perfectly every day.
Mine has never been charged or been anywhere near a charger.
The car has been left for two weeks and started on the first push of the button.
It isn't used daily and a lot of journeys are pretty short.
There are also details in here somewhere of how the modules actually reduce the charge if it is too high to bring it down within working parameters of the car's systems.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

gallia

Post by gallia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:16 pm

I took my car in for the S/S issues a month ago. I have had the car for a year, ex demonstrator, the S/S had only worked occasionally during the first few weeks I had it.
I was informed that there was a soft wear upgrade.
Since the upgrade the S/S works everytime. I have waited a month to be sure and so far so good (or bad depending on your view of S/S).

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:54 am

I've just been out in mine and as the sun is shining decided to try the air-con. I was stopped at lights. I hit the button and the engine re-started. Next set of lights, the S/S worked as normal. Obviously the initial load was enough to make the system think it needed to be running, by the time the car had cooled some, it allowed it to stop as normal. I'd expected the S/S to not work at all with the A/C on.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:28 pm

It will work with the air con on but in some circumstances it will fail to work because of the laoding to the electrics. Many of the "may not work" items will work under certain conditions. At present mine will kick it at the first junction due to the heat in the engine being enough from cold, in this weather. You will find also that the aircon will run for a lot longer with the engne stopped in this current warm weather.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:50 pm

PhilB wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:23 am
Dendip wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:16 am
Yes it was mentioned.
Personally I think they are not the solution for stop start.
I think it is software related with regards to the modules etc.
I am still on the original 80ah battery after 2 years and after a software update to another system in the car my S/S has worked perfectly every day.
Mine has never been charged or been anywhere near a charger.
The car has been left for two weeks and started on the first push of the button.
It isn't used daily and a lot of journeys are pretty short.
There are also details in here somewhere of how the modules actually reduce the charge if it is too high to bring it down within working parameters of the car's systems.
Exactly the same as my experience, except that my 80ah battery is 4 years old, not 2. Whenever I forget to switch off S/S it always kicks in when I stop and my air con is never switched off.
Batteries do not like heavy loads. From day one, every time you start the car or use s/s, you put another nail in the battery coffin. The more you use s/s, the more likely it is that it will just not work at all after a period. And of course, best of all, if you can always remember to switch it off, you will never have to worry about the fact that it doesn't work. :D :D
MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Yet more thoughts
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

ms1012

Post by ms1012 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:36 pm

I'm trying to get my car booked in for S/S (amongst a few other niggles). Sadly getting any response from dealer is like pulling teeth, and the first available courtesy car is in August... Still, I'll update the forum with the outcome.
MY 2016 180D XE Portfolio - Corris Grey - Nokian WD4 winters

clivetay33

Post by clivetay33 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Wish I had got mine fixed as was in a 2 hour jam yesterday on M2. Must get it done whilst in warranty
Jaguar XE S Indus Silver 380 bhp black pack, cold climate pack 1, 18 way power front seats, memory pack with powerfold mirrors, 19 inch black alloy wheels, panoramic electric sun roof, advanced parking assist pack

Return to “Faults & Technical”