Jaguar XE Forum banner

PDF of Ingenium Diesel and V6 Info

29K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  chrisjp 
G
#1 ·

Attachments

G
#3 ·
I have to be honest they took me ages to fathom out how to post on here and I thought they were in Engines and Transmission section. I expext that the best way to look at them is to just go through them a bit at a time or print the lot off but that will also take forever.

#4 ·
Vespa said:
I have to be honest they took me ages to fathom out how to post on here and I thought they were in Engines and Transmission section.
They were!
Yours truly moved them to the main section as they are important ref material and we don't want them getting lost in one of the sub forums.

#5 ·
Brilliant Thanks Vespa
To Captain Noddy, top right of page has a download all button, it then zips it up into 1 file, be aware it takes a while to zip it is 130 odd mb
And then prompts (in Internet Explorer) as to what you want to do with it, select save as.

#7 ·
Vespa said:
This is a PDF file of an overview of the Ingenium Diesel engine.
X760 - 303-01A - Engine - INGENIUM I4 2.0L Diesel.pdf

Also a link the the XES workings which are also common to all models.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-9BJUu5CIC4RzRhbHR3cVFkMTA
Many thanks for the Ingenium 2.0L Diesel pdf - it makes interesting reading.
Do you have similar pdfs for the pre and post Ingenium petrol engines?

G
#8 ·
I have odd bits of info but cannot get them to this site for some reason. Copy & Paste doesn't work. If there is anything specific let me know and I will try to find anything I may have.

#9 ·
Thanks anyway - but where did you get the Diesel Ingenium pdf - is it somewhere on Topix?

G
#10 ·
glcohen said:
Thanks anyway - but where did you get the Diesel Ingenium pdf - is it somewhere on Topix?
It was not off Topix and to be honest I cannot remember where it came from as I look at many motoring websites. I think I have signed up to several Jaguar sites but tend to stay here mainly. The fun thing is that sometimes I go to a site and find that my browser has memorised login details from a previous visit. Using bookmarks for everything becomes far too tiresome. I do have some files but as I have mentioned they will not copy to here. Some will link up if they are small and I don't quite know why others won't. If there is anything in particular that you may want I will look to see if I have details and will send them if I can.

#11 ·
This is a mystery similar to the origin of PhilB's pdf regarding the unlock for the handbrake. Both your Ingenium pdf and PhilB's document look to be official JLR publications suggesting that there is another source of technical information other than Topix. I wonder if any other members of the forum know anything about this source ?

G
#12 ·
I honestly cannot remember where that Pdf came from. I have Pdf of wheels and tyres and a link to a video of resetting the service data. There are one or two other items that at present I am unable to locate in my computer files. I have a habit of downloading to a file and putting it in something related and being unable to find it again easily. My railway interest files are enormous and sometimes I find car related in there. No idea how some items get there.

#13 ·
glcohen said:
This is a mystery similar to the origin of PhilB's pdf regarding the unlock for the handbrake. Both your Ingenium pdf and PhilB's document look to be official JLR publications suggesting that there is another source of technical information other than Topix. I wonder if any other members of the forum know anything about this source ?
Not me I'm afraid.
It might be the other Phil.
:D
The link to the docs on the V6 was definitely posted before well over a year ago if not longer as I remember posting about the "horn" thing on the back of the engine that transmits growly noises back at the cabin.
I think it was in the "sewing machine noise" thread,
I can't remember who it was but I suspect they had an "in" to technical docs.
Ssssssh!!!
:cool:

#15 ·
Hello Vespa your documents are very detailed and there is nothing like them I've seen anywhere else. Many thanks for sharing.

I however am after under the hood / behind the bumper grills documentation schematics for piecing together the brackets and trimmings surrounding the radiator/aircondenser.
I've got a 180 2.0d jaguar XE portfolio 2017. Anything you have for that assembly would be appreciated.

Thanks

G
#16 ·
I have just seen your other post regarding part fittings. I doubt I can help as the vast majority of my info is probably what you have already seen. Leave it with me for a few mins and I will check my ad hoc bit's of info but I somehow doubt that I have that particular info.

#18 ·

Attachments

#21 ·
Reactions: UV Blue
#25 ·
Also thanks to another member "barryhi" for a link to a cheap source for workshop manuals for the XE:

Jaguar XE X760 PDF Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2015-2020
I got my XE manual from EasyManuals and it is a pdf download (so you can save it and don't need to logon to an account to look at it) and it cost just £15 which is excellent value.
It is actually the official Jag workshop manual which is good, but don't expect it to be anything like the Haynes manuals of old. Virtually everything is in colour-coded picture type diagrams, with very little text to explain the procedures, so it assumes (reasonably because it is aimed at Dealership technicians) a fairly comprehensive knowledge of maintenance procedures. There are also none of the "exploded" diagrams that workshop manuals traditionally included - although these can be accessed on the websites of Jag spare part suppliers like SNG Barratt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.