XE 2018 Ingenium - BEEP-BEEP on UNLOCK

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
PaulC

Re: XE 2018 Ingenium - BEEP-BEEP on UNLOCK

Post by PaulC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Does it double beep if you just unlock but don't open anything?
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

RichardL

Post by RichardL » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Yes - if I use the keyfob, or remote app - wing mirrors open, indicators flash and - beep beep
(its harder to unlock with the keyless without opening - but you get the idea?)

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:56 pm

I'm stumped. Maybe it's just excited to see you?
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

RichardL

Post by RichardL » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:36 pm

Drives me up the wall, I'm about ready to throw in the towel on it - poor car gets sworn at every time she b***dy beep-beeps!

Current plan is to check the CCF 'Car config file', but need to wait 3 weeks before a retailer can see it :(

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:39 pm

I can turn off the beep in mine in the configuration of items perhaps you can do the same. Having an early car has this option, whether later ones have it I don't know.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

RichardL

Post by RichardL » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Nope - no option, i think theres an option for a lock confirm beep, but nothing on unlock and no double beep options anywhere.

Drives lovely, gearbox has even lost its original tendency to kick down too easily and pause before power, i.e. now just pulls in the gear its in smoothly, I've just had a mare of a time in the first 12 months ownership and not building any confidence in Jag's diagnosis/maintenance procedures. Starting very much to feel like a short term car.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Oh dear. What about another dealer to try and sort it out. Some dealers are excellent and others rubbish.

RichardL

Post by RichardL » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm on the second dealer, after a house move, all polite and apparently helpful.
Seems the issue is above dealer either in the product, training, or general MO with customer handed down.

They all seem to be in a 'update the software' mindset rather than basic troubleshooting. Lancaster couldn't even get that right - first visit to them left me with headlight warning errors on the dash because they botched the software updates, second invitation for a 'quick' visit to fix that left me waiting 4+ hours before I got any sort of update and then they eventually gave up and kept the car overnight because the software updates took so long. :roll:

Wouldn't touch Lancaster Jaguar Sevenoaks again - terrible pre delivery quality checks and post delivery support.

Its a shame.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:58 pm

It is unreasonable that this can't be sorted. It will turn out to be something simple and obvious like an electric connection connected the wrong way around

RichardL

Post by RichardL » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:29 am

Current status is the car is booked in to a local retailer for 25th March. (NOT Lancaster Sevenoaks!)

I had a good exchange of emails with the retailers mechanic yesterday - sounds like they are really focusing on any patterns/info around the problem. First point of call will be the cars CFF (Car config file) to see if there is some hidden setting)

Notwithstanding the issue comes and goes - stays for weeks, goes for weeks/months etc - at least I've got past the 'we'll just update the software' mindset.

I also reached out on the customer services thread they are powerless to act until the car is booked in with a retailer, also shared my story of XE ownership with Jaguar sen. management and to their credit got an acknowledgement.

I'll update as progress is made.
Thank you for all the responses on this thread.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”