Wanted - XE illuminated tread plates

Buy and Sell from other members.
rayaans

Wanted - XE illuminated tread plates

Post by rayaans » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:55 pm

Anyone have any used/new XE illuminated tread plates they want to sell?
2015 XE S - IRR/Pimento, Pan roof and more.......

IIRXES

Re: Wanted - XE illuminated tread plates

Post by IIRXES » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:26 am

They are like hens teeth to find used. EBay is a good bet but prepare for a wait.
2015 XE S 3ltr Superbloodycharged Italian Racing Red with black pack and quad exhausts!

a14uty

Post by a14uty » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:30 am

May not be of interest but there is a pair of new ones currently on eBay - only trouble is they’re £375 !!?
Outrageous for items that probably cost no more than £30 to produce in China or Poland.
I was lucky as I found a pair of secondhand ones on eBay. I think the seller missed out because he listed them simply as ‘Jaguar trim’ so they probably wouldn’t appear to anyone searching specifically for ‘treadplates’. Picked them up for less than £100 - still a lot for what they are but they do look good!

rayaans

Post by rayaans » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:05 pm

a14uty wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:30 am
May not be of interest but there is a pair of new ones currently on eBay - only trouble is they’re £375 !!?
Outrageous for items that probably cost no more than £30 to produce in China or Poland.
I was lucky as I found a pair of secondhand ones on eBay. I think the seller missed out because he listed them simply as ‘Jaguar trim’ so they probably wouldn’t appear to anyone searching specifically for ‘treadplates’. Picked them up for less than £100 - still a lot for what they are but they do look good!
Yes I think the retail price is £375. Ridiculous for 2 pieces of light up trim! They had deals on the XF one recently at £200 a pair which I would have taken, if they fitted the XE!

a14uty

Post by a14uty » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:54 pm

Forgive me if I’m teaching granny to suck eggs (probably a politically incorrect statement these days!) but if you do manage to find a pair of s/h ones then make sure the clips are all present and undamaged - they’re very easily bent when removing from the car (4 each side)

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:27 pm

You can find that the clips break upon removal, and the metal parts drop down into the sill. I used a small magnet on a stick to retrieve these, and then 10mm plastic fir tree clips to hold the treadplates down on a previous Xe.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.

rayaans

Post by rayaans » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:01 pm

I can get hold of the metal clips quite easily so dont mind, still looking for a pair though!

rayaans

Post by rayaans » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:19 pm

Managed to pick these up from ebay germany

£250 it worked out delivered. Hopefully theyll actually turn up lol but will keep you posted. I think they have one more left if anyone wants them although it does seem 2 or 3 clips are missing so just be aware.