XE Cup Holder Covers

Buy and Sell from other members.
Midd_2005

Re: XE Cup Holder Covers

Post by Midd_2005 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:11 am

CaptainNoddy wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:27 pm
Mine took two days door to door. Thanks Mike!!

They look great and are such a simple addition for the MY16 car.

I already had a chrome trim piece for the cupholders from ebay. That looks good also, but Mikes covers just look much neater and finish the look of the centre console nicely. So the chrome trim is hiding in the glove box looking sheepish!

Happy bunny.....!
Do you have a photo of the chrome trim with the holders together?

I've also considered both but can't picture what it would look like.

Thanks
Black XE R Sport 180PS 2.0L Diesel, 18" Alloys, Meridian Sound System, Ambient Lighting,

CaptainNoddy

Post by CaptainNoddy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 am

No I’m afraid not because they don’t fit together. The chrome trim sits in to the recess the same way the covers do. So the covers have nothing to sit on if the trim is in place...
MY16 XE 2.0 D AUTO 163PS, Ammonite Grey, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, 10 way Seats, Xenon headlights

Midd_2005

Post by Midd_2005 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:29 pm

CaptainNoddy wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 am
No I’m afraid not because they don’t fit together. The chrome trim sits in to the recess the same way the covers do. So the covers have nothing to sit on if the trim is in place...
Out of the 2, which one would you say looks best? Similar in price but not sure which one to go for!
Black XE R Sport 180PS 2.0L Diesel, 18" Alloys, Meridian Sound System, Ambient Lighting,

CaptainNoddy

Post by CaptainNoddy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:38 pm

The covers definitely. I thought the chrome trim would look nice and I got it cheap via making an offer for it on ebay. But the problem is the cup holders are still uncovered and bare all their ugliness! The covers finish it off properly and you just lift the cover off when you want to use the space for something. Very neat and easy.

My current setup is like this:

Cup Holder Covers.jpg

and I am very happy with it. I bought the phone holder here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006BIQBMQ/ ... 11_TE_item

but I found it was too tall, so I cut off the arms and glued the attachment point to the top of the base and it sits much better. I can't adjust it but I don't want to anyway. I just wanted somewhere that I can charge the phone and use it for music via the USB easily and safely.
MY16 XE 2.0 D AUTO 163PS, Ammonite Grey, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, 10 way Seats, Xenon headlights

Manxe240

Post by Manxe240 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:45 pm

I might be in favour of he of the covers but if you really want a set of rings I have two brand new sets at £15 each plus postage which I purchased
to try and fit my covers to without success
XE Portfolio 240 white oyster interior p/s camera front and rear split back seat space saver spare wheel stainless tips power fold mirrors Cup Holder Covers rear sun blinds

foysXE

Post by foysXE » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi Mike

I have sent you a PM and a email about the XE cup holders, I would like to buy a two piece set, can you reply back to me when your free, thank you.

Regards

Foyshal

Manxe240

Post by Manxe240 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi foysXE
I have just sent you a private message as I have already sent you two e- mails with the details, have you checked your junk box
Regards
Mike
XE Portfolio 240 white oyster interior p/s camera front and rear split back seat space saver spare wheel stainless tips power fold mirrors Cup Holder Covers rear sun blinds

HoratioAlgerIII

Post by HoratioAlgerIII » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi Mike. Just a quick note to let you know I'm delighted with the covers. They work very well in the space, looking both OEM and high quality. Very pleased, thank you. 8-)

Paul

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”