XE Problems

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
visartuk

XE Problems

Post by visartuk » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:26 am

I have had my fair share of problems with the 2015 XE I bought, including:

The Incorrect Adblue Saga (which was a faulty nox sensor), £1300, got refund in the end
Wheel Bearing (Horrible Noise), was difficult to find part, but after a few weeks managed to get one and get it fixed.
H149 Recall, now use three times more adblue, affected performance especially on pulling away.
Earch Cable snapped, breakdown, quick easy repair.

Since the H149 recall, it has been horrible to drive, pulling away was jerky and had to overrev to keep the revs ups, on open road getting into 5th gear made it feel it was labouring. Took it for a service and fault was found with glow plug relay.

Hd the relay replaced and new glow plugs (the ones taken out were shot), now its great, drives lovely and feels like it should. To be honest I think the glow plug issue has been there since I bought it some 18 months ago as it has never driven like it does now.

One more problem to get sorted, play in track rod ends, then hopefully all should be good.

capese21

Re: XE Problems

Post by capese21 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:11 pm

What mileage? Worn Track rod ends makes me remeber my old cars!! How would new glow plugs affect how it drives? Did it start up ok?
XE Indus Silver 2.0L Ford engine Heated front screen Reverse camera Blind spot warning.

visartuk

Re: XE Problems

Post by visartuk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 pm

68k mileage, with regards to glow plugs, was ok when running for a while but first thing in morning, was pretty bad, pulling was chuggy, power dropping, then picking back up again only for a second or so. The plugs were change but fault was showing as the glow plug relay.