Intermittent throttle delay

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Crownwheel

Re: Intermittent throttle delay

Post by Crownwheel » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Hi XE123
There must be a "leak" but it is initiated by whatever the source of the fault is. On starting the car all is well but within a few minutes of driving the noise and performance drop off happens. If I switch of and on again something resets before failing again soon afterwards.
I have had a look at all visible hoses and squeezed them if possible but no change to the noise.
So much plumbing under the bonnet, I really need a manual to trace if any are involved in my problem.
Thanks
John

Crownwheel

Re: Intermittent throttle delay

Post by Crownwheel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:28 pm

OK have taken advice and tried a chemical EGR cleaner.
No Wynns at my local car shop here in France and none of the type you spray into the turbo inlet.
The stuff I bought (20 Euros) was a fuel additive and it proposed running the engine at 2500 to 3500 rpm for 20 minutes or so, so not ideal in top gear even on a motorway!
In sport mode with the paddles I drove for 15 minutes or so in 6th and the fault seems to have gone but I will see what the next week holds since it has been intermittent.
See Camshaft Position Sensor thread for a concurrent but unrelated problem / not problem.
Thanks for advice
John