Post by Repairman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 pm

I see there is a new topix bulletin posted on the 9th November
JTB00492v3 - Auto Stop/Start System Inoperative
I wonder if this what you had applied Vespa
XE R Sport 180 2.0D in Italian Racing Red

Silverye

Re: Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Post by Silverye » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Sorry to jump into the thread, but is there an easy way to find out what updates have been applied to a car and which ones the dealer should be applying?

Many thanks

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Silverye wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:09 pm
Sorry to jump into the thread, but is there an easy way to find out what updates have been applied to a car and which ones the dealer should be applying?

Many thanks
Unless I'm wrong (which I quite often am) you can't tell what updates have been applied unless you ask the dealer what they have done. All new required updates appear on Topix under Outstanding Campaigns if they apply to your car and they should disappear some time after the work is completed. However that system appears to be a bit hit and miss. Mine is now showing updates for camshaft sensor fault and service warning message not displayed. These were done months ago and disappeared off Topix but I notice they are back again. I will have to ring the dealer and ask them.

Silverye

Post by Silverye » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:45 am

That's great - thanks.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 am

BOBCDP wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 pm
Silverye wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Many thanks
Unless I'm wrong (which I quite often am) you can't tell what updates have been applied unless you ask the dealer what they have done. All new required updates appear on Topix under Outstanding Campaigns if they apply to your car and they should disappear some time after the work is completed. However that system appears to be a bit hit and miss. Mine is now showing updates for camshaft sensor fault and service warning message not displayed. These were done months ago and disappeared off Topix but I notice they are back again. I will have to ring the dealer and ask them.
I was told by the dealer that they are all using WASP more which is dealer only as far as I remember him saying. The TOPIX items when done now take ages to shift and are not removed until the warranty claim has been paid by JLR to the dealer.
R Sport 180 in Bluefire with loads of extras. ;)

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:42 am

Repairman wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 pm
I see there is a new topix bulletin posted on the 9th November
JTB00492v3 - Auto Stop/Start System Inoperative
I wonder if this what you had applied Vespa
Possibly, I know that the dealer I have is normally fully up to date with things.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:59 pm

I deliberatley didn't drive the car for two days after the update and the S/S is working normally now as soon as I have travelled around half a mile.

jaguarnewbe

Post by jaguarnewbe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:03 am

Not a all happy, I was convinced that the S/S and remote starting problems were battery related and due to me doing only short journeys and the solution would be charging the battery, or that's what I though. Yesterday I bought an expensive Ctek charger, charging the car overnight, (15 hours), this morning attempted to start the car using the remote, nothing, apart from the usual error messages. What I don't understand is that when I first installed the app on my phone, (about 3 weeks ago), the car started 90% of the time, but for the last few weeks, the remote start never works, I get the whirring and clicking sounds from the engine compartment but no start. I really don't know where to go from here. I have yet to see if the S/S is working.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:27 am

jaguarnewbe wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:03 am
Not a all happy, I was convinced that the S/S and remote starting problems were battery related and due to me doing only short journeys and the solution would be charging the battery, or that's what I though. Yesterday I bought an expensive Ctek charger, charging the car overnight, (15 hours), this morning attempted to start the car using the remote, nothing, apart from the usual error messages. What I don't understand is that when I first installed the app on my phone, (about 3 weeks ago), the car started 90% of the time, but for the last few weeks, the remote start never works, I get the whirring and clicking sounds from the engine compartment but no start. I really don't know where to go from here. I have yet to see if the S/S is working.
Do you have a regenertion on the CTek charger? If so put it through that cycle. If that fails let JLR have a look. 15 hours of charge is an awful long time so the battery may also need JLR testing.

jaguarnewbe

Post by jaguarnewbe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:44 am

Vespa wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:27 am
jaguarnewbe wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:03 am
Do you have a regenertion on the CTek charger? If so put it through that cycle. If that fails let JLR have a look. 15 hours of charge is an awful long time so the battery may also need JLR testing.
Thanks for your information, but I just used the "8 stage" "normal" setting, the Ctek M100) charger has a Recondition setting which I assume equates to a Regeneration setting you mentioned, I will give that a try, thanks again.

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”